Main Menu

Need some measurement help

Started by SRT392, December 23, 2021, 09:56:26 AM

Previous topic Next topic

SRT392

Hi all,

I need some help on some measurements for the top of the front windshield trim clip holes. mine were missing due to some rust issues
    so i replace the channel with all new metal but need to locate the holes.  i know there are three of them per side so could someone
    measure up theirs's for me? Just go off the center detent and measure one side.  This would be greatly appreciated.  thanks and Merry
    Christmas....

anlauto

In our reference section there's plenty of pictures of hole locations. https://forum.e-bodies.org/reference-material/18/e-body-hole-locations-firewall-door-interior-ect/303/

I don't think "EXACT" measurements are necessary, but the second picture down will give you a rough idea of how many clips and where they should be located  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

SRT392

Thanks Alan.  I've got that picture and was trying to get a little closer than just a guess.  Not sure it matters but i hate to try and fix stuff after its painted.     Thanks

anlauto

I hear ya..my glass guy usually handles all that after it's painted, pretty sure he puts them where "HE" wants them  :haha: :haha: :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

jimynick

Quote from: anlauto on December 23, 2021, 11:27:47 AM
I hear ya..my glass guy usually handles all that after it's painted, pretty sure he puts them where "HE" wants them  :haha: :haha: :haha:
[/quote

Yep, just be sure to not put them where a mldg seam occurs and make sure they're the correct height off the base- measure an existing one and go from there. There used to be screws with the correct should and head to replicate the oem studs, if you can locate them. Good luck  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Floyd

Here are some measurements.  Centerline up top is centered on the forward-most mirror screw (if that makes sense).

anlauto

SRT392

Floyd,  it makes perfect sense to me. and the pictures are way more than i expected..  A huge  :bradsthumb: and thank you. exactly the info i was looking for...   Have a very Merry Christmas

Floyd