Main Menu

New reproduction items shown at MCACN!

Started by JH27N0B, November 16, 2018, 09:03:14 PM

Previous topic Next topic

torredcuda

Trunk mat looks nice if you are going for 100% resto, tire misses the mark completely - the radial tread coming over on the sidewall with polyglass lettering, and come on who runs 14" tires anymore unless you want totally stock?
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

anlauto

Quote from: TX9AAR on November 18, 2018, 07:09:19 AM
  Alan, Dave was not at the ECS booth when I ordered my mat.

I hope he's doing well :bigthumb:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Mymcodebee

Hoping this is just a test n tune on repro radiall tires.  Just smooth that sidewalk out and make a good size 15!!   I can live with the extra R if it necessary but you're so close please don't give up!   U will sell boat loads if u get the tread, sidewalk and sizes right!!

6bblgt

I spoke with John Kelsey at SEMA earlier this month where the FR70-14 POLYGLAS radial was on display,
hope I got this correct .....

the FR70-14 radial was on the drawing board at Goodyear or saw limited production back "in-the-day"
at the time the latest/greatest tire design/construction was changing quickly & the Polyglas/Radial RWL tire didn't have a place in the OE market when it would've been ready
* polyester
* fiberglass-belted polyester
* steel-belted polyester
* radial
* steel-belted radial
etc.
John stated that the tread design has roots in sports car & NASCAR tires from the '60s
I noticed it is very similar to the late-'70s "police special radial"

6bblgt

I believe I understand where John is coming from with the FR70-14 POLYGLAS (his plan was/is for FR60-15s next as these are the most used OE sizes), reproducing an "authentic" GOODYEAR tire, but as stated above the sizing doesn't work for the majority of people asking for a GOODYEAR radial to install on an old car.

if "WE'RE" talking an "authentic" reproduction
&
since nothing is going to be correct,  :alan2cents: I think there would be a market for a reproduction GOODYEAR "EAGLE ST" in:
225/70/R14 (G70-14)
235/70/R14 (H70-14)
&
245/60/R15 (G60-15)
275/60/R15 (L60-15)