Main Menu

New Rodspeedracing Upper Control Arms for E-body, Are These Any Good?

Started by RSI700VIPER, October 20, 2020, 04:33:36 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RSI700VIPER

Anybody have any experience with these control arms? 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/67-72-Mopar-Control-Arm-Upper-Set-B-E-Body-Charger-GTX-Satellite-Challenger/313146094075

My originals are pretty pitted and I'm looking for no hassle replacements with bushings installed.

Chryco Psycho

Looks like a good deal , the bushings & joints cost more but I have never actually used that part .

GoodysGotaCuda

1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

anlauto

I've used over a dozen or more sets on all the cars I've restored lately....HOWEVER this is absolutely the cheapest I've ever seen them....I was paying around $110 USD/pair

this makes me want to buy some more just for stock... :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RSI700VIPER

Quote from: anlauto on October 20, 2020, 05:34:49 PM
I've used over a dozen or more sets on all the cars I've restored lately....HOWEVER this is absolutely the cheapest I've ever seen them....I was paying around $110 USD/pair

this makes me want to buy some more just for stock... :thinking:

Thanks to your post, I just bought a set.  Are the ball joints and bushings any good or did you replace them with Moog or some other brand?

anlauto

I just painted them a bare metal colour on top of the black powder coat and installed them as is...I haven't had any complaints or issues from my customers regarding the UCA's  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Fish Tale

Do you guys recommend replacing the old ones with these or if the old ones (stock ones) are okay, just replace the bushings/joints?

autoxcuda

Quote from: Fish Tale on October 21, 2020, 08:14:41 PM
Do you guys recommend replacing the old ones with these or if the old ones (stock ones) are okay, just replace the bushings/joints?

No. If yours are fine they'll be fine.

BUT the net cost of these might be less than paying someone to install bushing and ball joints.

Real good chance these are made offshore. And even if not, there's always a question of quality control and longevity. I know anlauto has put a number of these in, I sought those cars have many miles out on them.
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

Fastmark

I bought a set of new ones through DoctorDiff. When they came in, the bushing were turned down on a lathe for a slip fit. Wow! He sent me some more bushings but check them first. Maybe the same manufacturer.

anlauto

Quote from: autoxcuda on October 21, 2020, 09:33:56 PM
Quote from: Fish Tale on October 21, 2020, 08:14:41 PM

No. If yours are fine they'll be fine.

BUT the net cost of these might be less than paying someone to install bushing and ball joints.

Real good chance these are made offshore. And even if not, there's always a question of quality control and longevity. I know anlauto has put a number of these in, I sought those cars have many miles out on them.

:iagree: 100% for sure, an offshore part, and I have never heard back from any of my customers, BUT it's not like they've been driven thousands of mile since they been installed, or racing on road courses etc....so I can't speak to the longevity of the bushings or ball joints.  :alan2cents:

RUNCHARGER

I always recommend using original parts over repro. Carefully inspect the 50 year old parts though for cracks etc.
Sheldon