Main Menu

No love for the green or the 318

Started by superdave, January 29, 2018, 02:37:45 PM

Previous topic Next topic

superdave

:( It doesn't take long to discover that even e-body enthusiasts aren't very fond of the more mellow tones of green  or the 318 engine. Well it's both  :-[ but it's my first car so 8) 8).... My wife hates the green and is pushing for Plumb Crazy, which as we are both K-State Wildcats, I would like to do that (besides it is my favorite color) but I am a bit of a purest so it will probably stay GF3 Medium Green Metallic. No plans for driving it hard so the 318 is fine with me. This one is on the back burner until after we finish my  brother's. Pardon the old picture and poor color for some reason I didn't take many pictures of it.  :-[  Also console auto, ac, ps, pb, v6w, and m22 (wide rocker chrome molding) and light package including fender blinkers

Cuda Cody

That's a really cool photo.   :twothumbsup:  And what's cool about GF3 is that you do not see it at many shows... and when it's done right and with a fresh cut and buff it will stand out well.  Go for it!!! 

750-h2

Its nice to see E bodies in all factory colours. Nothing at all wrong with that green! :bigthumb:   

71-440

That pic should be in the Retro Pics thread...LOL

Cool pic! My 74 Barracuda was that color. Love it!

Wish I still had some of my cars from High School. I would be sitting pretty right about now.
Joe

realn96

I love the greens! 
I have a gf8 69 and a gf7 71!
I agree leave the cars  the original colors!  Cool photo BTW. 318 or not its still a convertible  ebody!
:alan2cents:

Cuda_mark

That's a great color combo. It will be very unique and the perfect cruising car with the 318.

superdave

I drove it to North Carolina from Kansas and got 21 mpg on tbe way back. :unbelievable: 8) Not that I plan anotjer trip like that.

HR738

Nope...nothing wrong with green  :)

RUNCHARGER

Yup: That's a great car, no wonder you kept it. Nothing wrong with green or 318's in a cruiser.
Sheldon

Spikedog08

So what does it look like now!  Cool to still have your first car . . I do as well!   :clapping:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

superdave

:ohyeah: Very nice! Great to see some that color.  8)

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: realn96 on January 29, 2018, 05:42:22 PM
I love the greens! 
I have a gf8 69 and a gf7 71!
I agree leave the cars  the original colors!  Cool photo BTW. 318 or not its still a convertible  ebody!
:alan2cents:

I think you are mistaken.... I'm betting on EF8

nsmall

GF3 Medium Green Metallic, love it.  I love all shades of green so I am easy to please.  A lot of money and time goes into these cars so go with what you and your wife will enjoy.

Cuda_mark

Quote from: Spikedog08 on January 29, 2018, 07:09:40 PM
So what does it look like now!  Cool to still have your first car . . I do as well!   :clapping:

@superdave Yeah Superdave...do you have any recent pictures of the car? It looks like it was in great shape when you first got it. How has time treated it?

Solarguy