Started by superdave, January 29, 2018, 02:37:45 PM

Previous topic Next topic

340challconvert

Green E body cars are beautiful.
Ask someone who knows!!!!

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

MoparDave

Greens are good. there were a lot of car orders in 69 and 70 that were substituted for the F8 and K5.

my $40.00 special from the neighbor in 1985 F8 in and F8 out.
Please Email me at daver@manciniracing.com or call 586-790-4100

303 Mopar

Someone say something about green cars?

Roadman

Quote from: 303 Mopar on January 30, 2018, 01:02:38 PM

OK @303 Mopar , I'll see that and raise ya a pair.   :D

Quote from: MoparDave on January 30, 2018, 11:31:58 AM
Greens are good. there were a lot of car orders in 69 and 70 that were substituted for the F8 and K5.

Damn that green looks good !

dvs cycles

Quote from: 73440 on January 30, 2018, 05:00:24 PM
Quote from: MoparDave on January 30, 2018, 11:31:58 AM

Damn that green looks good !
Back then I would have traded my 73 for her.

blown motor

Quote from: Roadman on January 30, 2018, 03:10:59 PM
Quote from: 303 Mopar on January 30, 2018, 01:02:38 PM

OK @303 Mopar , I'll see that and raise ya a pair.   :D

Damn that green looks good!
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

RUNCHARGER

Whats wrong with Green?
Sheldon

Topcat

Green is good. It was the color in the 70's

Remember green shag carpet? Everybody loved it then. We had it.

I recall a post years back that said many dealerships had the Yellowish lights in the car lot.

Presumably, the lights really "woke up" the color on the cars painted green on the lots at night.
That made them really attractive. 

Rich G.

Never thought there were so many different shades of green but now I have 3 different green E bodies. They do tend to grow on you!

superdave

:unbelievable: Oh dear goodness Roadman...if my wife sees that I'll get grounded from this site. Nothing wrong with those blue eyes either.  :yes:

Cuda_mark

Dave - tell us more about the car. Is it still all together and running? Whats it going to need once you start working on it?

superdave

Well, unfortunately it isn't road worthy. I haven't started it in a couple of years. I tried about in December it did turn over for a while but there is an electrical problem somewhere, I don't seem to be getting power to the starter. It will need inner fenders and the drivers fender for sure, the passenger quarter (probably the whole thing) since it was hit there pretty hard behind the passenger door before I bought it. A couple of floor patches and a trunk probably trunk extensions as well. I was told many years ago by someone that it isn't worth restoring, and his reasoning included the color.  :dunno: I very well will be upside down in it before it is all said and done but I plan to do it any wat.

1 Wild R/T

Anyone who tells you something isn't worth restoring means they want to try to buy it cheap.... Screw em.....  :alan2cents: Your car, do what makes you happy... 

superdave

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on January 30, 2018, 07:14:02 PM
Whats wrong with Green?
Very nice! :yes: That is the sweet high impact  t green, mine is ...well not so much. I think it will look good when it's done. Do you happen to know the option code for that stripe? My car fender tag says V7W , just wondering if that is it or if it is like the 71 r/t stripe. They were gone before i bought it. I suppose they could be under the Ma co paint job. :rolleyes:  :crying: It also has a rally hood, can't imagine a 318 car having one of those from the factory but that is the way I bought and i think I'll leave it. 8)