Main Menu

Not sure whether I should laugh, or cry...

Started by Cudajason, June 16, 2018, 10:42:19 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Brads70

Jay Bee

Quote from: Cudajason on June 20, 2018, 02:13:36 PM
Are the mufflers on yours original
Jason, mines a TTi system. It was installed by a friend of mine at his shop. The left rear of my car is currently on a jack stand so if you want some pictures I can take some tomorrow.

John

Cudajason

Quote from: Brads70 on June 20, 2018, 03:01:59 PM
Buy a mandrel bend and make one?  :o

You know that may not be a bad idea...I assume a decent muffle shop with have J bends for sale.

The difficulty with that is that I used JB weld to attached the turn downs that are on there now.  They may be a pain to get off!  I guess I will break out the grinder and see what I can do.  It sure beats spending 350 / 400 clams on mufflers.

Jason
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

Cudajason

Quote from: Jay Bee on June 20, 2018, 06:23:50 PM
Quote from: Cudajason on June 20, 2018, 02:13:36 PM
Are the mufflers on yours original
Jason, mines a TTi system. It was installed by a friend of mine at his shop. The left rear of my car is currently on a jack stand so if you want some pictures I can take some tomorrow.

John

@Jay Bee thanks man, yeah if you could snap a few pics showing the turn down that would be awesome!

Jason
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

Jay Bee

Here you go BUT I doubt they're much use to you. My mufflers aren't beside the gas tank.

Brads70

Quote from: Cudajason on June 21, 2018, 07:25:31 AM

You know that may not be a bad idea...I assume a decent muffle shop with have J bends for sale.

The difficulty with that is that I used JB weld to attached the turn downs that are on there now.  They may be a pain to get off!  I guess I will break out the grinder and see what I can do.  It sure beats spending 350 / 400 clams on mufflers.

Jason

https://www.amazon.ca/Windsor-Metal-Services-Inc-304SS/dp/B079DVTT2M/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1529617791&sr=8-4&keywords=mandrel+bend+exhaust

thin cut off wheel on a disc grinder and maybe expand the pipe to slip over the existing tubing. Prinsess auto has cheap pipe expanders if you can talk someone into doing it?

Cudajason

Quote from: Brads70 on June 21, 2018, 02:55:04 PM
Quote from: Cudajason on June 21, 2018, 07:25:31 AM

Jason

https://www.amazon.ca/Windsor-Metal-Services-Inc-304SS/dp/B079DVTT2M/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1529617791&sr=8-4&keywords=mandrel+bend+exhaust

thin cut off wheel on a disc grinder and maybe expand the pipe to slip over the existing tubing. Prinsess auto has cheap pipe expanders if you can talk someone into doing it?

Thanks @Brads70 ...I never think to look on Amazon.  We even have a Prime account...I think!

I already have the pipe expanders from Princess auto, I need to replace them both, but they typically do that with no issue!  Going to order it today!

Jason

YYZ

Given that the cut doesn't have to be exact -- I'd just Sawzall off the old turndowns, dress the openings, and slide the new ones on.