Main Menu

HELP! I Need Advice on Authenticating a 1970 V Code Cuda

Started by plum crazy rt, October 18, 2023, 04:57:34 PM

Previous topic Next topic

plum crazy rt

@70_440-6Cuda

I see your point. One concern I have is that the owner will correct the problems with a new fender tag and the next person who buys this Cuda will pay top $$$$ without knowing what the car really is.

So I have decided to let it be.

70_440-6Cuda

Quote from: plum crazy rt on November 02, 2023, 10:31:48 AM

@70_440-6Cuda

I see your point. One concern I have is that the owner will correct the problems with a new fender tag and the next person who buys this Cuda will pay top $$$$ without knowing what the car really is.

So I have decided to let it be.

Good point, but that may happen in any case.  Hamtramck registry may be a place to "document" the car for future buyers?  Not that it matters I guess..... just makes me feel like buying a lottery ticket since I bought my car sight unseen with no broadcast sheet and against all odds Barry Washington had it in his files.....

Too bad there is so much deception in the hobby - and no one is immune - Jerry Seinfeld had to settle a claim that a Porsche he sold was not authentic - even with all of his resources he may have been taken for a ride......

https://www.thedrive.com/news/jerry-seinfelds-fake-porsche
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....