Main Menu

Phantom Cuda carcass (Graveyard Carz)

Started by Cuda Cody, July 03, 2017, 02:24:02 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

This photo was posted in our Facebook group by Jeff Gutshall.  Here's what is left of the Phantom Cuda.

packnsix

Wow...it looks like they just cut off the important bits

EV2RTSE

Not unlike a certain 71 hemi convertible... basically a whole new car built around a cowl.

750-h2

On that Hemi convertible I would think that they found a nice solid shell and simply cut the numbers off the old one and then butt welded those sections to the new shell. AKA REBODY.

Shoooter

Cuda Cody

I think it was found in a wrecking yard?   :notsure:

Quote from: Shoooter on July 06, 2017, 08:01:58 AM
Where did they find that phantom car?

anlauto

Quote from: Cuda Cody on July 06, 2017, 08:12:47 AM
I think it was found in a wrecking yard?   :notsure:

Quote from: Shoooter on July 06, 2017, 08:01:58 AM
Where did they find that phantom car?

It was dug out of a grave...didn't you see the first episode  :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

torredcuda

Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

6bblgt

here's a pre-Graveyard Carz pic & a recently un-Earthed pic

Cuda Cody

When I was at Darren's house he showed me where they buried it for the show.  I remember thinking, why did you bury a car just to dig it out?  :Thud:

76orangewagon

If that was the original paint it looks like it wasn't a Billboard car like it is now....still curious about the Argent grill, maybe it was built around the time of the truck accident with the load of painted bumpers I read about.

bentpshrods

I was wondering about the early history of that car.  Some one here was telling me they thought the car was around the Boise area for a while. He thought he saw a Firebird raceway sticker (the local drag strip) in the 1/4 window in an earlier photo.  I noticed the car has Oregon plates on it.  Does anyone know where the car is from??   

LinceCuda

Quote from: 76orangewagon on July 06, 2017, 12:29:14 PM
If that was the original paint it looks like it wasn't a Billboard car like it is now....still curious about the Argent grill, maybe it was built around the time of the truck accident with the load of painted bumpers I read about.

The best I remember the Billboard was added at the request of the new owner.

MoparJunkie

Quote from: Cuda Cody on July 06, 2017, 12:21:18 PM
When I was at Darren's house he showed me where they buried it for the show.  I remember thinking, why did you bury a car just to dig it out?  :Thud:

You went to Darren's house? Cool maybe, lol. I'd guess they buried it for ratings, it is after all a TV show.