Main Menu

pictures of Rear window louvers Cuda vs. Challenger

Started by cuda hunter, March 04, 2018, 05:16:26 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

Can someone take a few pics side by side? 

preferably not on a car. 

thanks
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Chryco Psycho

The big difference is the lowest slat . on the challenger the bottom corner is almost full width & has a sharp corner , the Cuda the bottom slat gets very narrow at the ends & the corner is rounded
the first 2 pix are Cuda

CudaMoparRay

Very tempted but for the moment way too expensive.

71gogreen

I always liked the look of the Louvers, but I'm not drilling holes in my roof! ::)

cuda hunter

I purchased an oe set of louvers.  Sold to me as cuda.

When I put them on my cuda they just don't fit the car correctly.

This is why I'm trying to get a picture of a side by side as I believe I was sold a challenger set of louvers but I have no way to i.d. them as cuda or challenger.   

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Racer57

I questioned mine, but was told this is correct for a Cuda.

1 Wild R/T

Yup, Challenger louvers fit better because the window shape at the bottom doesn't taper in... Cuda louvers look a little off but thats just how they are... As Chryco's photos show the Cuda bottom slat is curved in at the ends....

Shane Kelley

The reason they look odd on the Cuda is because they don't fit the window frame like the Challenger. Cuda has a more rounded roof line and smaller curved glass. When installed on a Cuda with a Vinyl top you don't see the issues like a painted roof. That's why the factory only offered them on Cuda's with vinyl tops. 

Racer57

Quote from: Shane Kelley on March 05, 2018, 09:10:05 AM
When installed on a Cuda with a Vinyl top you don't see the issues like a painted roof. That's why the factory only offered them on Cuda's with vinyl tops.
Hadn't heard that before, but it makes sense. My tag says my car had a vinyl top originally.

cuda hunter

Quote from: Shane Kelley on March 05, 2018, 09:10:05 AM
That's why the factory only offered them on Cuda's with vinyl tops.

Mostly.  There are a few examples with painted roof and louvers. 

Ok, I'm surprised they look that way.  I have asked the question a few times but was unable to get a proper answer.

I've got a pic somewhere that has the louvers on the cuda roof.  Maybe that will help.  I'll be back on this evening.

thanks guys!

Shane Kelley

Here is a pic of my car after I bought it and installed the louver. I immediately regretted it because I thought it hurt the looks of the roof line. Second pic after restoration and no louver. Last pic's are of a buddy's car with louver added and my car. This gives you somewhat of a side by side perspective.

But it really comes down to personal taste. There is no right or wrong and if a person likes them they should go for it.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

I've never been a fan but they do look better on a Challenger than they do on a Cuda IMO. I do think if you have a 71 Cuda and add billboards then you should go all the way with louvers, spoilers,shaker etc.
Sheldon

cuda hunter

Quote from: anlauto on March 05, 2018, 12:26:59 PM
Louvers need a vinyl roof in my opinion :alan2cents:

The plan is a black paint car. 
So I think the look your after comes from the dark color of the roof line.
Should look much more natural than @Shane Kelley friends red car. 

I totally see what yal mean by the difference's in look between the cuda and chally.

cuda hunter

Well I asked the guy I purchased them from (well known person on some of the boards)  if the louvers he sent me as cuda louvers were in fact cuda louvers and not chally louvers due to the odd fitment of the louvers(after payment).  He didn't respond to me and has yet to get back to me about anything.  So I think he took my questioning the wrong way.  Wasn't trying to piss the fella off.  I liked the guy and he has cars that I would very much like to put my eyes and hands on.  Too bad really.