Main Menu

Plum Crazy 70 R/T SE 383 Magnum - Matching Numbers - Collected @ Last !!

Started by 3.0CSL, February 27, 2020, 05:15:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

3.0CSL

I need to establish which rear end the car has. Is there a code tag on the axle ?

Brads70

Quote from: 3.0CSL on February 29, 2020, 02:47:25 AM
I need to establish which rear end the car has. Is there a code tag on the axle ?

I'd say a 8 3/4 ? Is that what you meant?  :notsure:

3.0CSL

We call it a limited slip differential, here in England. Wondering whether it has one and what the ratio is ?

JS29

The standard ratio was 323's Sure grip was optional. Jack the rear of the car up so the tires are off the ground, have someone hold one side. if the other side turns freely it is not a limited slip. if it dose not turn freely it is a sure grip or limited slip.  :alan2cents:

EV2RTSE

Quote from: 3.0CSL on February 29, 2020, 02:42:33 AM
Hi EV, how come the brake master cylinders are so sought after ? It it possible to re build them ?

It was only used on the 1970 Barracuda and Challenger (non-hemi engines) with disc brakes and then changed to a different part # for 1971-74.
Most were replaced over time and so remaining ones are few and far between, and highly sought after by anyone restoring one of these cars. So definitely don't get rid of it - they can be rebuilt but even the parts kits for them are getting harder to find.

Lots of info on these here on the forum, for example -

https://forum.e-bodies.org/whats-it-worth/15/171-casting-master-cylinder/3043/msg44250#msg44250

EV2RTSE

If you haven't already, look behind the back seat, under the front seats in the springs, and in behind the plastic seat-backs of the front seats for a build sheet. Chances are pretty good you'll find one and this sheet will have EVERYTHING you'd like to know about your car on it. You can use the decoders on this site to give you the breakdown on it all.  :fingerscrossed:

3.0CSL

Quote from: EV2RTSE on February 29, 2020, 07:32:14 AM
If you haven't already, look behind the back seat, under the front seats in the springs, and in behind the plastic seat-backs of the front seats for a build sheet. Chances are pretty good you'll find one and this sheet will have EVERYTHING you'd like to know about your car on it. You can use the decoders on this site to give you the breakdown on it all.  :fingerscrossed:

We took the seat backs off and Bingo, a Broadcast sheet in the passengers seat back! But.....it's for another Plum crazy SE, a 440 manual,  which was built Feb 18th 1970 so the line worker must have fitted the wrong broadcast sheet !!
My car has the correct SE seats.

6bblgt

3.0CSL

383 SE  4 speed.

JS 29 NOB 250 8615

Would love to re unite this car with its B sheet !

Guessing my B sheet got put in the 4 speed car ?

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

anlauto

Quote from: 3.0CSL on February 29, 2020, 12:11:29 PM
440 SE  4 speed.

JS 29 NOB 250 8615

Guessing my B sheet got put in the 440 ?

"N" is 383 4bbl as well NOT 440 :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

3.0CSL

3.0CSL

anlauto

Quote from: 3.0CSL on February 29, 2020, 12:19:58 PM
As found in the passengers seat back.

Surprised it wasn't eaten by mice...looks like their work right in the same area :angry:

3.0CSL

Quote from: anlauto on February 29, 2020, 12:19:28 PM
Quote from: 3.0CSL on February 29, 2020, 12:11:29 PM
440 SE  4 speed.

JS 29 NOB 250 8615

Guessing my B sheet got put in the 440 ?

"N" is 383 4bbl as well NOT 440 :alan2cents:

My mistake, was previously told that it's a 440