Main Menu

Proper Insurance Levels

Started by erik70rt, April 06, 2023, 07:10:43 AM

Previous topic Next topic

erik70rt

A PSA for you all!!!

With show season in full swing in some areas and approaching in others, make sure you have the proper level of insurance on your cars.  The last thing you want is to have an unfortunate incident happen and you don't have enough coverage.  Sometimes we insure them and forget about it but as the values of our cars increase, make sure you up the insurance to keep up with the current value. 

Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

JH27N0B

It was funny last summer, Hagerty sent me an email that 2 of my cars I had insured with them were insured for less than what they considered them to be worth.
I called my agent and said I'd like to go ahead and up the values on those cars to what they say their worth.
Then she called me back and said sorry, Hagerty agreed to raise the agreed value on the one car, but says they won't raise it on the other. (to the value on it they said in their email they determined it was worth).
Then when my policy was coming up for renewal toward the end of the year, I review the new policy and see they are increasing my premium almost 50% for no apparent reason (I've had no tickets or claims).
So I had to scramble to find another company, whose rates fortunately were a bit less than I was paying Hagerty for insurance last year.
Insurance companies.  :pullinghair: :headbang:

7E-Bodies

1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

erik70rt

I use Grundy and have never had a problem with them.  Agreed value, no mileage restrictions, good rates.
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

torredcuda

I switched to Grundy a couple years ago. I upped my coverage last year to $30k but I may still be a bit underinsured so maybe I`ll see if I can up i a bit more.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/