5 (10.4%)
FJ5 Lime Lite Green
4 (8.3%)
OTHER
5 (10.4%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Voting closed: April 30, 2022, 06:40:28 PM

anlauto

So my future plans include making an AAR Cuda looking RESTO-MOD....It would have the hood/spoiler and stripes.....but would be a GEN III Hemi, with custom suspension yadda yadda yadda....I know it's been done, there's a black one and a green one floating are eBay for the longest time...but I have a 73 shell I want to build....hopefully with a buyer in mind... http://www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com/PROJECTCUDA.html

However....MY QUESTION is: What colour would attract the most RESALE attention ?

Is red still considered "resale red" ? Does everybody want purple ? Is pink too undesirable by most ?

I kind of have my heart set on white interior and a black vinyl top...but that can be changed...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

YYZ

No FC7, no yellow.

I would rank the choices as follows:

1. FE5
2. EB5
3. TX9 or FJ5 (tie)

JH27N0B

The Johnny come lately, throw big piles of money at E bodies types just gotta have the high impact colors.
Take your pick from those colors and you'll likely do fine.  :alan2cents:

anlauto

Here's how they rank with known examples in the AAR registry
BL1 -1
DY3-1
EB3-1
FT6-3
EB7-4
TX9-35
FM3 – 53
FJ6 – 58
EW1 – 63   
FF4 – 76     
EB5 – 96 
EK2 – 96   
FJ5 – 90    
EF8 – 97   
FK5 – 98
FC7 – 114    
EV2 – 115   
FY1 – 165
FE5 – 215   
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

anlauto

Quote from: JH27N0B on April 16, 2022, 06:58:17 PM
The Johnny come lately, throw big piles of money at E bodies types just gotta have the high impact colors.
Take your pick from those colors and you'll likely do fine.  :alan2cents:

So no brown cars ?  :D  I would love to do K5 Burnt Orange or B7 Jamaica Blue...but I agree....high impact is a necessity :takemymoney:

70 Challenger Lover

Not a white interior fAn but it actually looks better than black in a couple colors. EK2 Orange and purple. Being a fan of orange, I'd go that route but if you want best resale color, has to be purple.

Mr Cuda

I didn't mean to fill up your other thread with my useless drivel, but since you asked.... Black

anlauto

Quote from: Mr Cuda on April 16, 2022, 07:18:29 PM
I didn't mean to fill up your other thread with my useless drivel, but since you asked.... Black

It was your comments that actually got me thinking about this thread :drinkingbud:

Mr Cuda

K5 and F7 are the only 2 high impact metallic colors,  I believe.
Love K5, have several.

anlauto

Quote from: Mr Cuda on April 16, 2022, 07:45:21 PM
K5 and F7 are the only 2 high impact metallic colors,  I believe.
Love K5, have several.
EV2 is metallic as well :alan2cents:

6bblgt

FK5 is not a high impact color

EK2, EV2 & FC7 would be metallic high impact extra cost colors

dodj

I would think that looking at the sales numbers of current Challenger/Mustang/Camaro colours would be a good idea?
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Brads70

Silver with red interior? Maybe a red strobe too?

anlauto

My definition of a "resto-mod" is a car that looks "restored" but has modifications with "modern" upgrades.

While a custom colour combo that wasn't available on the car you're modifying may look cool it may also be a colour combination that only a Mother could love and NOT the general masses....therefore NOT all that "resalable"  :alan2cents:

Now, like dodj mentioned, you could go with a "new vehicle" colour, but in the same sense, in my opinion, you have to stick with the "new" versions of the original colours....The modern plum crazy purple, or lime green, or vitamin C orange, would be nice, but you would NOT use destroyer grey or snakebite green if you know what I mean...

The idea behind building this car, and the question of this thread is what colour would attract the MOST POTENTIAL BUYERS with the deepest pockets of course :bigmoney: :haha:

Bullitt-

Not sure which color this is but when I think AAR this is what I picture.... not my all time favorite color but I believe it works great with this scheme....  :alan2cents:

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]