FJ5 Lime Lite Green
4 (8.3%)
OTHER
5 (10.4%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Voting closed: April 30, 2022, 06:40:28 PM

Mr Lee

Quote from: Brads70 on April 17, 2022, 04:54:42 AM
Silver with red interior? Maybe a red strobe too?
I think that sounds sweet!  ...With some black steelies or some wheel that have some black in them.  Silver red and black all look so good together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

Mr Lee

Or black with a red stripe.  Niiiiiiice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

anlauto

Only problem with a custom paint job like that is it really limits the amount of potential buyers...the exact opposite of the purpose of this experiment.  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

captcolour

Quote from: anlauto on April 18, 2022, 06:26:45 AM
Orange is kinda reaching out to me, either Vitamin C or Hemi orange  :thinking:

As much as I like the Tor Red/Hemi Orange, with all of the black, you need a lighter color to pop against it.  Vitamin C is a better choice in my opinion.

Mr Cuda

If not black, then Vitamin C is my choice also.  It provides the contrast between the oranges in the engine compartment,  and pops with all the black

70vert

I agree, in fact I painted my 70 Challenger Deep Water Blue Pearl from the 2010 Challenger lineup. It actually gets confused as B5 (novices) but is shinier in the sun and darker at night. I thing a non-traditional color would attract attention but not $$$ sales.

Quote from: anlauto on April 17, 2022, 07:26:53 AM
My definition of a "resto-mod" is a car that looks "restored" but has modifications with "modern" upgrades.

While a custom colour combo that wasn't available on the car you're modifying may look cool it may also be a colour combination that only a Mother could love and NOT the general masses....therefore NOT all that "resalable"  :alan2cents:

Now, like dodj mentioned, you could go with a "new vehicle" colour, but in the same sense, in my opinion, you have to stick with the "new" versions of the original colours....The modern plum crazy purple, or lime green, or vitamin C orange, would be nice, but you would NOT use destroyer grey or snakebite green if you know what I mean...

The idea behind building this car, and the question of this thread is what colour would attract the MOST POTENTIAL BUYERS with the deepest pockets of course :bigmoney: :haha:

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Bullitt-

...Very interesting... I guess that's why we need statistics....
  Thing is the two extremes in my mind are the most similar in many ways.
      It's not like orange is the opposite of yellow...  :looney:
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]