Main Menu

Rare pics and stuff

Started by stevec, June 10, 2017, 09:07:58 AM

Previous topic Next topic

stevec

I posted a message of the FB page a few months ago, I finally pulled out a magazine that I purchased in Hong Kong in 1979 that featured the Barracuda and Challenger with some pictures that might not have been seen before.

Over the years, I have searched for another copy and never have found one.

Enjoy.
Steve
'The 2nd Generation Challenger Guy'

Cuda Cody

:unbelievable:  WOW!!!   :lookatthat:  There are a ton of photos that I've never seen before!  @6bblgt  check these out.

I would love to scan those so we can all have high quality versions.  Maybe someday if we met up I can borrow it?   ;)  Thanks for sharing.

stevec

Cody;
Thanks, this is a rare and treasured collectable. It came out in March 1969, so the mock-ups are all pre-production. When I was writting my book, and spoke to some of the design engineers, they were flabbergasted that some of these images even survived.
One guy, in the 80's at the Lake Sammamish Meet followed me around and kept uping the price to see if I'd sell it. Last offer was close to $600.00, he had a Hemi Cuda and was desperate for it. Even started offing parts along with the cash. Now that's desperation.

PS. Forgot to mention, there is a two page poster of the Barracuda and Challenger on the high bank track, that came with the magizine
Steve

RUNCHARGER

Whoa: I haven't seen most of those before. Fantastic.
Sheldon

6bblgt

very COOL!! 8) where or what market was it originally printed for, Italian?

cuda dad

I'm glad they moved the license plate up in the back and also changed the parking lights on the 70 'cuda :yes: Very cool!

stevec

I believe so. Thats why it so rare. Pre-production, mock-ups, clay models. I was very lucky to find it
Steve

Cuda Cody

Thanks you @stevec  for sharing that.  We should be able to have high quality scans in the E-Bodies Resource Library soon.   :fingerscrossed:

RusTy/SE

I just did a quick search for Style Auto Magazine and came up with this.. :bigthumb:

https://www.amazon.com/STYLE-QUARTERLY-ARCHITETTURA-CARROZZERIA-BIMONTHLY/dp/B0018ANO6I

{edit} I just ordered one of the two listed.  :) 
JS29U0B

There are no traffic jams along the extra mile - Roger Staubach

Cuda Cody

There was 3 of them on Amazon a bit ago.  Now there is 2?   ;)   Can't wait to get those photos on the scanner and share some high quality history with everyone.  And none of this would be possible without @stevec    :clapping:  He's the MAN!!!   :worship:

Quote from: RusTy/SE on June 10, 2017, 11:41:39 AM
I just did a quick search for Style Auto Magazine and came up with this.. :bigthumb:

https://www.amazon.com/STYLE-QUARTERLY-ARCHITETTURA-CARROZZERIA-BIMONTHLY/dp/B0018ANO6I

Chryco Psycho

Awesome contribution Steve , Thanks

stevec

Great grab. I haven't seen another. It's a keeper
Steve

stevec

Only one left! Cool! Glad I posted it.  :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:
Steve

Cuda Cody

That didn't take long for them to sell after you posted it.   :bigthumb:  I did notice the ones we're finding on Amazon are all listed as hardbound books.  Yours is a magazine, right?   Wonder if they are different or a reprint?  Either way, I can not thank you enough for posting and sharing it.   :drinkingbud:

Quote from: stevec on June 10, 2017, 12:37:07 PM
Only one left! Cool! Glad I posted it.  :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

stevec

either way, it's a find. Mine is paperback and on original from 69. Even if the others are reprints they are the only others that I have ever seen.
Steve