Main Menu

Reproduction AAR Cuda Hood Options

Started by cudaman1970, April 30, 2022, 08:08:52 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cudaman1970

I'm looking at getting a reproduction AAR Cuda hood and was wondering what the best option is.  Noticed that YearOne hoods are currently unavailable.  Found this hood on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/113658213443?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Anyone have experience with the eBay reproduction hood?
Thanks!

anlauto

Why not go direct to the manufacture ? I just ordered two a month or so ago, they told me 6-8 weeks... :takemymoney: :dunno:
https://aarqualityfiberglass.com/
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Scooter

I had a hood hinge break while on the highway about a year ago.... it dog eared the passenger side corner of the hood fairly badly. I've been on the fence about getting the bulge hood fixed or just getting a fiberglass bolt on T/A hood and painting it flat black. Think it would look pretty awe-sum with my yellow on black Challenger. What are people's experience with these aftermarket fiberglass parts? What springs are you using if any?

Scooter

Quote from: anlauto on May 01, 2022, 04:50:32 AM
Why not go direct to the manufacture ? I just ordered two a month or so ago, they told me 6-8 weeks... :takemymoney: :dunno:
https://aarqualityfiberglass.com/

Shot those folks an email.. no reply. Guess I can call. Did you order the "bolt on" hood? I cannot tell from the photos if the hood has the bosses installed for the hood hinge and hood latch hardware or not.

anlauto

I ordered a bolt on one for the AAR I'm restoring...I don't care if it has provisions for a hood latch because AAR's never used one...I will have to fill those holes if they are there...

Yea...I just picked up the phone...better response that way...

I will let you know more when they arrive...I bought an extra one for the future... :)
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Scooter

Quote from: anlauto on May 05, 2022, 01:00:48 PM
I ordered a bolt on one for the AAR I'm restoring...I don't care if it has provisions for a hood latch because AAR's never used one...I will have to fill those holes if they are there...

I will let you know more when they arrive...I bought an extra one for the future... :)

Thx.. I'll drop them a line tomorra. Latch accommodation not a deal breaker for me either as my current hood has pins and the latch. Just want some verification on what they mean by "bolt on"... Is it like Ikea claiming "some assembly required"...  :))

Brads70

Quote from: cudaman1970 on April 30, 2022, 08:08:52 PM
I'm looking at getting a reproduction AAR Cuda hood and was wondering what the best option is.  Noticed that YearOne hoods are currently unavailable.  Found this hood on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/113658213443?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Thanks!

My  :alan2cents:  stay away from that seller, he is somewhat local and has a horrible reputation.

anlauto

Quote from: Brads70 on May 05, 2022, 04:26:52 PM
Quote from: cudaman1970 on April 30, 2022, 08:08:52 PM

Thanks!

My  :alan2cents:  stay away from that seller, he is somewhat local and has a horrible reputation.

OH MY GAWD yea...stay away from that guy...FAR AWAY :alan2cents:

Scooter

I better hurry up and call.. the price just went up since yesterday.... lol.  :unbelievable:

Scooter

Quote from: anlauto on May 05, 2022, 01:00:48 PM

Well I placed my order yesterday, 5~6 week wait begins. Please be sure to report back when your bolt on hoods arrive.

-scoot

anlauto

@Scooter
Got my two hoods yesterday, very nice product, and YES they have provisions if you want to add a hood latch.
They have zero holes drilled in them for washer nozzles, hood pins etc... and no holes on the bracing either...haven't put it side by side with the original hood, but that's the plan to add as many correct details that I can.

Scooter

Quote from: anlauto on May 18, 2022, 07:41:05 AM
@Scooter
Got my two hoods yesterday, very nice product, and YES they have provisions if you want to add a hood latch.
They have zero holes drilled in them for washer nozzles, hood pins etc... and no holes on the bracing either...haven't put it side by side with the original hood, but that's the plan to add as many correct details that I can.

Most excellent.. thank you for posting back! So "bolt on" means just that. Not pre-drilling the hood pin holes is a plus IMHO. Doubt the location was really close even coming of the assembly line. Broke a decent sweat drilling the holes in my bulge hood. Any chance I can talk you into posting up a few photos?

Filthy Filbert

When I dropped my Cuda off at the installation center last week, Erin told me that nobody has hoods right now and they don't know when they will expect them to  come in.

How are the AAR shaker hoods?  I see they offer a bubble and a base plate, is that all that's needed to make a complete bubble set up?   I'm not too concerned about originality, just want something that looks good and won't fall apart

anlauto

Hey @Scooter sorry for the late response, been terribly busy around here....Here are some pictures, if you need more let me know...

Scooter

That's perfect.. thanks for taking the time to post up the photos!

I ordered the T/A style for my challenger.. plan to paint it matte black. Looks like the only work I'll need to do other than paint is drill the holes for the hood pins & find a weaker set of springs to use.