Main Menu

Sad day in the Mopar World as we lost another

Started by Chryco, January 27, 2018, 03:37:19 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Chryco

It's with great saddess that I inform this board that Jerome V.erbit passed away last night. A great craftsman of steering wheel restorations. He had also supplied many various parts in the hobby. RIP.
Tommy The Chryco
Cuda Rubber Bumpers and The Better "Shaker Kits"
1-866-893-2547

JH27N0B

I read that earlier today on a different forum.  I have a steering wheel that was restored by him that I bought off eBay many years ago.  I thought it looked too dark and didn't install it on my T/A.  But recently after seeing a thread on Moparts about steering wheel finish where someone posted a picture of an NOS one, I thought this one I have is actually pretty accurate.  So I've been planning to install it on my car in spring, I will think of him when I steer my car! :andyangel:

RUNCHARGER

RIP: I have used a few of his parts over the years.
Sheldon

GY3R/T

Jerome restored 2 Rim-blow wheels for me. He did a great job. A talent that will definitely be missed.
   I seem to be losing a lot of friends and acquaintances and customers lately.       :(  RIP Jerome.

340challconvert

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

anlauto

I've heard the name, but never any dealings with him... :andyangel:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Chryco Psycho

Spikedog08

That is sad news!  Prayers to his family!   :bye:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Plumcrazzy

Never met the man but spoke with him via phone many times. Real class act. He would reprimand me for calling him as Mr. Verbit. Bought several Rimblow caps (Challenger and Fish) when I was restoring steering wheels a few years back. He was very helpful with helping me to refine my process of wheel restoration. The last time I spoke with him he had just taken delivery of his new Challenger and was very pleased with the performance. Also spoke with Ben Snobar on many occasions regarding purchasing his Rimblow switches--believe I heard he passed away as well. R.I.P. Mr. Verbit.  :andyangel: 

bpsmopar

Quote from: anlauto on January 27, 2018, 06:52:53 PM

The rimblows you installed on the 2 sunroof Challengers came from Jerome. You will need
2 more that Jerome completed in December.

Cuda Cody

I have a few of his wheels and for the money he did really fine work.  So sorry for his family and loved ones.  It's never easy losing someone.  They are in my thoughts.  :andyangel:

anlauto

Quote from: bpsmopar on January 28, 2018, 06:00:47 PM
Quote from: anlauto on January 27, 2018, 06:52:53 PM

The rimblows you installed on the 2 sunroof Challengers came from Jerome. You will need
2 more that Jerome completed in December.

I find that interesting @bpsmopar , because you supplied me with two reproduction Rim-blows as well.....that's what's in the purple car and on the FF4 car's column right now. I only received one "restored" wheel and that went in the red car, if I remember correctly. If you have two more restored wheels send them to me and I'll put them in the FF4 car and FJ5 car.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration