Main Menu

Shaker hood bubble

Started by kevin landrith, March 12, 2022, 09:41:54 PM

Previous topic Next topic

kevin landrith

Evening all I have a 71 Challenger vert with a shaker hood and the bubble is not level definitely leaning more to the drivers side. New motor mounts both sides. How can one level it up short of putting washers between the bubble and the bubble frame Thanks Kevin  :clueless:

mccannix

What baseplate/engine size ?
Is this a factory set-up or reproduction shaker parts ?
Stock intake and carb ?

kevin landrith

Its a 426 since the car is a tribute I am presuming it is a repo shaker and bubble and it has two 4 barrel carbs so again presuming stock there as well. Thanks

RUNCHARGER

The repro motor mount system is most likely the cause.
Sheldon

kevin landrith

okay thanks guess I will start dismantling it tpo see whats up

anlauto

Is the motor level and the shaker not ? You can easily "tweek" the shaker assembly so it sits level  :alan2cents: With it secured to the carbs just pull up on one side and push down on the other  :alan2cents:  If the motor is not level....then start looking into the other suggestions
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

kevin landrith

Racer57

Put a level on the carb to find out whether its the engine or the shaker.

kevin landrith

Thanks guys for all of your responses. The base plate that goes across both carbs had one of the two attachments broken. Tried epoxying it but that failed so I guess I am buying a new on ebay for 600 bucks. I also know that I need some suspension work done on the K frame so perhaps some of the issues will be lessened once that is completed since the motor attaches to the K frame. If that doesn't work then we are looking to shim the motor, Any info on that project would be greatly appreciated, Putting washers under the bubble did not work, Many thanks and I appreciate all of the  input from you all

Filthy Filbert

where the motor mounts attach to the K frame is slotted, you may be able to loosen the bolts and either drop one side or lift the other to level the engine

mccannix

If one of the top bridges is separated from the base itself, there is no need to spend $600.00 on a complete new shaker baseplate.
The bridge was factory spotwelded to the base, can easily be done by any shop, or if worse comes to worse drill the end tabs and screw it on if you dont care about appearance as wont be seen anyway.

kevin landrith

I thought about drilling and then putting screw in but was afraid that it will loosen up and fall into the carb causing a HUGE mess safer to get it welded or a new part