Main Menu

Shaker Bubble

Started by Cuda Cody, January 26, 2017, 09:25:41 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

Some photos of a buddy's shaker bubble....

Chryco Psycho

fc7cuda

HP_Cuda

Ok I have a question:

Does that flapper valve only go into the secondaries of the carb or ???
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Cuda Cody

I haven't done many shakers, so  :notsure:   But I should be doing one this summer!    :fingerscrossed:

Quote from: HP_Cuda on January 27, 2017, 10:44:55 AM

Ok I have a question:

Does that flapper valve only go into the secondaries of the carb or ???

screamindriver

Those are called "hot" and "cold" air doors and they feed all carbs...The small door you're questioning is the "hot" air door..
   .Here's how they work: There's a rod between the two doors so both doors work with the single "carb air" pull cable mounted under the dash...The rod is just the right length where as one door opens the other door will close...When you cruise on a summer,sunny day you open the bigger cold air door{this in turn closes the hot air door}...  The air comes directly in past the shaker grilles as it passes over the hood...
    Now here's the thing..You've got an open hole in the hood feeding the air cleaner element...And if you're like me you'd hit a thunderstorm on the way home.. :o  Now you need to close the cold air door so the rain does'nt come in and soak your air cleaner and in the process that small hot air door opens letting the air from under the adapter ring come in from UNDER the hood...Hence the name "hot air door"....

If you cruise in the colder weather you can blend the two doors to pull a mix of air from both doors...

Here's a pic of the base plate and adapter ring...The hole up front with the foam gasket is where that hot air door seals against the ring..

screamindriver

And a pic down low to show the relationship between the hot and cold air doors...Note how the cold air door is open and the hot air door is closed..

ScottSmith_Harms

Very nice restoration on your buddy's bubble  :bigthumb:

Cudakiller70

Quote from: ScottSmith_Harms on January 27, 2017, 08:06:11 PM
Very nice restoration on your buddy's bubble  :bigthumb:
Restoration oh boy I thought it was new. Amazing

HP_Cuda

Thanks for the explanation screamin - makes perfect sense.

Always wondered about rain and you called it out  :twothumbsup:
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200