Main Menu

Speedometer Cable Clip Question

Started by Gary AAR, June 02, 2022, 05:49:29 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Gary AAR

When installing and routing the speedometer cable on my 70 Cuda, I realized there may be a clip missing from the bottom side of the drivers side seat pan.  When the body work was being done on the car, they replaced a section of the floor pan under the drivers foot area.  A new section of floor pan was welded in place in this area.  I believe the new section of the floor pan did not have the clip spot welded to it.  There is a 5/16 inch diameter hole in the floor pan where I think the speedometer cable clip should be located.  I have a new replacement clip, but want to be certain of its proper location.  See the photos below of the floor pan area with 5/16 diameter hole, and of the replacement clip.  Is this the correct clip?  Should the hole in the clip line up with the hole in the floor pan to locate the clip?  How should the clip be oriented?  Anybody have a picture of the clip properly located?
Thanks for the help.

Bullitt-

you can just make it out in this photo

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]