Main Menu

Unfortunate accident Update

Started by mopar thunder, November 05, 2022, 07:46:45 AM

Previous topic Next topic

mopar thunder

I know I haven't posted in a long time. I just got so disgusted in what happened and how long things have been taking. But the most recent update is the car is 90% completed now. Remember the jerk off damaged my car back in 01/2021. The shop has painted the car and has now finally set the nut certs and got the bottom of the hood prepped. I'm hoping it is painted by the end of next week. Then its just paint the tops of the fenders and doors black and install the new decals.

Ricomondo

It's looking good! Keep the faith! Things I'm sure will pick up soon.
70' FE5 Challenger T/A
71' GY3 Demon 340

anlauto

What's the notch on the center of the hood's underside for ?

Love the purple :drooling:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

mopar thunder

70_440-6Cuda

Went back and read the initial post - @mopar thunder that is unbelievable - I cannot understand people that refuse to take responsibility.  Keep pushing - you are almost there and the car is looking awesome!

Color looks amazing!
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

mopar thunder

Quote from: 70_440-6Cuda on November 09, 2022, 08:06:44 AM
Went back and read the initial post - @mopar thunder that is unbelievable - I cannot understand people that refuse to take responsibility.  Keep pushing - you are almost there and the car is looking awesome!

Color looks amazing!
Thanks..... yeah it is still a very hard pill to swallow especially since I still see that A hole around.

70_440-6Cuda

I hear ya, but I always tell my kids, worry about what you do, not what others do, even if what others do is to you.  Doesnt make it much better, but in the end you will have you car, hopefully better than before and you will be able to enjoy it with all this crap in the rear view :alan2cents:
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

mopar thunder

Quote from: 70_440-6Cuda on November 09, 2022, 10:02:55 AM
I hear ya, but I always tell my kids, worry about what you do, not what others do, even if what others do is to you.  Doesnt make it much better, but in the end you will have you car, hopefully better than before and you will be able to enjoy it with all this crap in the rear view :alan2cents:
Thanks, I'm hoping so.

mopar thunder

Well the project took a slight back step. The shop final fitted the hood and wasn't happy with the corners near the windshield. So off it came and they are fixing it. It will have to be re-primed and then painted. Then the rest of the black painted. I was hoping to make the Turkey Rod Run event in Daytona, Fl over Thanksgiving but this will be the 2nd year I had to cancel. My fingers are crossed for a Christmas present this year. I just don't want it to go to the 2 year mark.

70_440-6Cuda

:fingerscrossed:

Keep the faith!!  Seems minor compared to the long haul you have been on...