Main Menu

Unfortunate accident - Update

Started by mopar thunder, October 04, 2021, 04:11:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

mopar thunder

Well it all came to an end about 2 - 3 months ago. The guy that took my car out for an un-authorized joy ride ended up lieing to the attorney and got away scott free. He even got his money back from the body shop. The picture shows the latest state of the car. I'm betting this goes to a year or more. All I can do is have faith the shop does the car right and I get it back better than it was before.

Brads70

Mopsquad

I hope karma has its ears on for this one.

JS29

You rep what you sew!  This guy's day will come.   :yes:

jimynick

Why should this take a year or more? Go to the shop owner/manager and discuss it with him/her. Do you think that if you took your 2012 Charger in there that they'd think it was ok to FTD for a year or more before it was repaired? HELL NO! Try to mitigate the misery and as for the sphincter who damaged it, don't count on him reaping what he has sown. If you really want justice, you may have to institute it yourself, otherwise, move on and write it off to bad ju-ju. A large PITA any way you look at it, eh?  ::)
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

ledphoot

I can't even imagine how I'd feel in this situation. Sorry you have to deal with this, I hope it comes out better than before.

:(

MoparLeo

moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...

mopar thunder

Thanks for the support. It came close to giving my marriage a run but I pulled it back in. I honestly don't feel like living around here anymore since the guy is within 5 miles from me but currently I can't go anywhere. I just keep my fingers crossed for karma. The shop is experiencing all the stuff the rest of the economy is. He lost all employees so it's just him now. Not a good situation for me but I have to have faith. I just know how the car was before all this happened and how much I am going to have to do when I get it back. Body shops are not the cleanest.

dodj

Quote from: jimynick on October 05, 2021, 07:39:38 PM
they'd think it was ok to FTD
The florist?........lol

For what it's worth, I agree with @jimynick , unless it is an agreed upon payment schedule, a year is ridiculous.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

mopar thunder

Well I was right.... it's been 14 mos and the car is not done yet. I have attached pics of the current state. I really can't say anything. I have tried staying on top of it, calls, stopping by but.... I just want it back the way it was looking before. As for the guy that did this....no comment not going to say what I am thinking. Life is not fair in so many ways and this is one of them.

Dakota

I gotta believe everyone here who has read about what has happened has been shaking their head and firing off a few choice words how how badly this sucks for you.  Know that this same group will be cheering loudly when this mess is finally behind you.  Hang in there. 

anlauto

The new paint looks incredible  :drooling:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

mopar thunder

Thanks Dakota.... I appreciate it. Once it is done I will post up pics. Unfortunate it is getting too warm now here in Florida to drive around a lot.

mopar thunder

anlauto.... right I thought it looked exceptional in the pic. I haven't gone to see it yet. He said he hasn't wet sanded or buffed yet. He is still working on the hood on the corners and nut inserts. Thats giving him some issues I think. It's just taken a long time.