Main Menu

UPDATE....FRAUD Alert for BS23JOB296260 Vitamin C AAR

Started by 76orangewagon, April 07, 2020, 03:29:59 PM

Previous topic Next topic

JH27N0B

Everyone has their own opinions and everyone needs to decide what they want before buying.
The market obsesses on matching numbers.  I for one don't care that much.
In some ways I actually prefer a car that is NOM, as long as it's an honest real deal car.
My 71 440 six pack Challenger is NOM, but all original sheet metal, some have described it as cleanest E body they've ever seen.
My T/A is ground up restored with much metal replaced like fenders, quarters, doors and trunk floor.
It's all #s match though.
Which is worth more?  The T/A.  But is it actually better?
Several reasons I like NOM, first, if the engine throws a rod through the block, it's a really bad day, but not world changing.  The car can be fixed good as it was.  The #s car never will be same.
Secondly, a fairly large number of #s cars have restamped blocks.  No surprises like that buying a NOM car!
And the numbers are not possible to see without having it on a lift, or jacked up.  Not in your face, or visible to anyone seeing your car at a show.  Out of sight out of mind!
But most collectors don't agree with my philosophy, but to each his own.

worthywads

Quote from: torredcuda on January 14, 2023, 04:00:15 AM
Quote from: worthywads on January 13, 2023, 08:27:03 PM
Quote from: Katfish on January 13, 2023, 02:42:39 PM
And that's the dilemma,
Replacing 80-90% of the metal, but keeping the VIN, is ok.
But keeping 90% of the metal, and replacing the VIN, is a rebody.

Kinda funny, I'd rather have the 2nd

I might too, but at a little more than clone price, since it is essentially a clone.

So any car that is restored with non-original factory parts, aftermarket or even used sheet metal from another car, non-numbers engine, trans etc. would also be considered a clone.

No, 2nd option was rebody, which is a clone, just with VIN moved.

Cuda_mark

[mention]JH27N0B [/mention] I agree with you. I'd much rather have a car I can beat on and enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk