Main Menu

vinyl stripe or no....

Started by ledphoot, October 01, 2019, 05:38:17 PM

Previous topic Next topic

7E-Bodies

I've got to agree with @RUNCHARGER any accent would pop that car. Great choice on color by the way. That looks fantastic. (I'm bias, but I had actually been searching for it when I found mine).
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

fireguyfire

Being that I'm restoring a 73, can you guys educate me on what a correct 73 stripe is?
My car is a white vinyl top rallye car so I'm assuming rallies only got the strobe stripes off of the fender scoops?
I didn't realize non rallye cars in 73 could have full length stripes.

ledphoot

Quote from: fireguyfire on October 02, 2019, 07:15:24 PM
Being that I'm restoring a 73, can you guys educate me on what a correct 73 stripe is?
My car is a white vinyl top rallye car so I'm assuming rallies only got the strobe stripes off of the fender scoops?
I didn't realize non rallye cars in 73 could have full length stripes.

Since you said Rallye, I am assuming a Challenger here :)

My brother had a 73 Rallye challenger in top banana with the strobe stripes.. I believe this is the correct stripe for a 73 Challenger.

See pics for examples.

ledphoot

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on October 02, 2019, 06:53:32 PM
I've got to agree with @RUNCHARGER any accent would pop that car. Great choice on color by the way. That looks fantastic. (I'm bias, but I had actually been searching for it when I found mine).

I wish the car was still JA5 silver frost, but I do like the EF8 Ivy Green Metallic...

Katfish

Quote from: Burdar on October 02, 2019, 05:44:29 AM
A stripe would look good on that car.  I assume you're moving the bumpers in to the 72 location?  You could put the 72 stripe on it.  It's similar to the 73 and you rarely ever see a car with it.  I like keeping a car true to its year so I'd lean towards the 73 stripe.(definitely not the 70 stripe...it's way over done)

I think what I would do is draw the stripe on the car in the "paint" program on your computer.  Then you can play around with different colors as well.  Black would look good but I think there is an opportunity to do something out of the box with the stripe color.  Maybe a lighter green or even a tan.

Good idea, and I love the look in this pic

fireguyfire

I had no idea you could get the strobe stripes and a full length stripe on a 73 challenger

YellowThumper

Put the 2 years together for the stripe visual.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

ledphoot

I prefer the '72 stripe to the '73.. I prefer the AAR strobe over all of them.. I will be moving the bumpers back where they belong using '72 style bumpers / modifying brackets.

I gotta think about this a bit. I may due a custom graphic as well..

I could do a bright strobe and really piss off some purists ;)

fireguyfire

My bad; I thought the light blue 73 challenger posted had a white longitudinal stripe along the body line above the black rallye stripes; looking closer it appears to be just sun reflection in the paint.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: ledphoot on October 02, 2019, 08:16:53 PM
I prefer the '72 stripe to the '73.. I prefer the AAR strobe over all of them.. I will be moving the bumpers back where they belong using '72 style bumpers / modifying brackets.

I gotta think about this a bit. I may due a custom graphic as well..

I could do a bright strobe and really piss off some purists ;)

Perfect! Sassy Grass AAR Strobe!!

Cudakiller70

What about Gold? Or Gold AAR stripe? Had a neighbor with a car like this, always like that color combo

ledphoot

nsmall

I recommend buying a 70-71 rear bumper and 70-71 rear bumper brackets.  Trying to modify a 73 is going to be a pain.

As for the front you can just slot the bumpers brackets and Tuck them in no problem.  I have pics to show you how tight I got mine.  And then where the bumper guard goes you can just drop a chrome bolt  in for the front.

Wayne

I do like the gold on green strobe stripe concept

You could always look into a fade strobe stripe with whatever color you choose. 
1970 Cuda 383 4spd red on red
Backyard Hotrods @ Youtube, Facebook & Instagram
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2bd5dyuOKCJT-kWhdEGm3A

PLY474

My opinion....there's nothing better than the white 73-74 stripe over a dark paint color.