Main Menu

VINYL TOP TRIM HOLES STANDARD VS SE.

Started by 70RTSE383, February 24, 2022, 10:23:14 AM

Previous topic Next topic

70RTSE383

I am trying to get the vinyl top trim holes redialed on my SE because the body shop mistakenly filled them in. My question is are the holes in the same location for the SE top as the regular cars?

Thanks John
70' Challenger R/T SE in progress
66' Mustang fastback GT350 clone
Factory Five Cobra
70' Kawasaki H1
70' Honda CT 70

anlauto

I don't see why not....did they weld them up or just bondo ? maybe you can see the originals from the inside ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

autoxcuda

Quote from: 70RTSE383 on February 24, 2022, 10:23:14 AM
I am trying to get the vinyl top trim holes redialed on my SE because the body shop mistakenly filled them in. My question is are the holes in the same location for the SE top as the regular cars?

Thanks John

The S/E holes are different.

There are pictures showing the difference I've seen somewhere on the web. Probably here.

I think there might be a hole location post with pictures. Try google: Challenger vinyl top trim location
Also Try hitting "images" button and scroll down to see a comparison picture
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

70RTSE383

They were welded closed. The welding wire can be felt from the inside. I printed out the pictures of the  locations from the reference section on this site. The car they used was not an SE. I want to take these pics to the shop so they can see where they are but just wanted to verify if SE and non SE are the same. The ones on the forward part of the sail panel cannot be felt from inside.
70' Challenger R/T SE in progress
66' Mustang fastback GT350 clone
Factory Five Cobra
70' Kawasaki H1
70' Honda CT 70

anlauto

I would just lay the trim out comfortably on the car, measure it, and make sure its centered, then mark it and drill it  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration