Main Menu

WARNING RE-BODIED FAKE V CODE 1970 CUDA ON THE MARKET VIN NUMBER BS23V0B159582

Started by plum crazy rt, June 18, 2019, 07:19:18 AM

Previous topic Next topic

cudamadd

FSHTAIL

Quote from: Challenger in NC on December 08, 2021, 06:17:07 PM
https://www.ebay.com/itm/165204470459?hash=item2676f42abb:g:mOkAAOSwqIRhmdH4

I just sent the eBay seller the picture of the vin number stamped over the old vin number.. 

The greatest mistake the scammer ever did was accidentally upload that picture     :haha:
1973 BS23H Cuda' 340/TKX 5 speed (70 AAR clone-ish)

Katfish

Disclaimer from ad, "Not our fault........"

This vehicle is "For Sale by Owner," displayed at Gateway Classic Cars, who is acting only as a Sales Agent. The Company is not making any representations as to the condition and/or the value of this vehicle. Gateway Classic Cars has not checked the condition (mechanical or structural), mileage or authenticity of this vehicle and is relying on the information provided by the seller. The company is not responsible for omissions and/or errors in advertising this vehicle and the buyer shall hold the Company harmless from all future claims arising from any representations made by the Seller. All vehicles are sold on an AS-IS, WHERE-IS basis.

FSHTAIL

Quote from: Katfish on December 09, 2021, 07:28:19 PM
Disclaimer from ad, "Not our fault........"

This vehicle is "For Sale by Owner," displayed at Gateway Classic Cars, who is acting only as a Sales Agent. The Company is not making any representations as to the condition and/or the value of this vehicle. Gateway Classic Cars has not checked the condition (mechanical or structural), mileage or authenticity of this vehicle and is relying on the information provided by the seller. The company is not responsible for omissions and/or errors in advertising this vehicle and the buyer shall hold the Company harmless from all future claims arising from any representations made by the Seller. All vehicles are sold on an AS-IS, WHERE-IS basis.

That doesn't absolve them from liability.   
1973 BS23H Cuda' 340/TKX 5 speed (70 AAR clone-ish)

Brads70

I reported it on ebay but I doubt it will do any good. They don't give you options to explain what's wrong....

Montclaire

I just sent Gateway Classics a nasty-gram about it. So if anyone buys the car and finds this thread after the fact, Gateway has 100% been notified that the car is a rebody and a fraud. I think Gateway needs to feel some heat about this, their boiler plate garbage reply is total BS.

Matt M

I can add what I know about this car prior to the above mentioned Mecum auction the car went through.

A friend of mine bought this car from a broker in Denver.
He sent me photos of his new car. I thought man I hope it is not the car that started this thread. Well, it was!
I sent him the link to this thread and he was shocked.
He went into denial for a few days, but then had to face the facts.
He contacted the broker that sold him the car and demanded he take the car back and return his $.
Of course the broker denied any knowledge of the issues with the car and promised to make it right. The problem was somehow he no longer had the $ to refund my friend.
The broker took the car back and promised to return the $ shortly. Shortly after that the car turned up at the said Mecum auction.
We know how that turned out.
My friend continued to press the broker for his funds.
The broker and my friend finally struck a deal, broker gave him 2 different cars for compensation. My friend ended up selling these 2 cars and actually recovered the majority of the $ he paid for the Cuda.
He was lucky in my opinion
What a mess!
Not sure what happened to the car after that.....
Now for sale at Gateway.

I think we all know the take away here is if your going to make a major purchase on a high profile E body. Seek guidance here on this site. There are a lot of great guys on here with a wealth of knowledge willing to help.
Great Site!

anlauto

Regardless of this cars sorted history, if priced right, I'm sure someone would buy it and just enjoy it.. :stayinlane:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration