Main Menu

Where should I "shop" for a 'Cuda?

Started by ViperMan, July 20, 2017, 12:27:04 PM

Previous topic Next topic

ViperMan

I've had eBay sending me new listings on 'Cudas for probably 5 years now.

My first stop at Carlisle every year - besides the club tent - is the Car Corral area, usually with my buddy @Spikedog Rules!

But lately I haven't seen an e-body at either of these sources for a price anywhere near "reasonable."

So where are other good places to look for a 'Cuda?

anlauto

I think you have to decide what your "reasonable" budget is first.....Share it with us and we'll help you look  :bigthumb:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

Years ago I would have said eBay with 100% confidence that you could find a good fair car on there.  But lately it seems harder and harder to find deals there.  I'm seeing more good cars being sold on Forums (through word or mouth) and Facebook Groups. Post some want ads in those places and keep looking on them daily.  eBay still has a good amount of cars and some deals, but it's more dealers now then it has even been.  Craigslist is another good place to find good cars for a fair price if you know what you are looking for.  There are some sites like Dailylister and Serchtempest that let you search Craigslist better.

Roadman

Are you willing to buy a car from out of state that a member can inspect. I always look here in Central Fl. 

ViperMan

Quote from: anlauto on July 20, 2017, 12:30:20 PM
I think you have to decide what your "reasonable" budget is first.....Share it with us and we'll help you look  :bigthumb:

Well, right NOW I can pretty easily do $25K, but I'm hoping that next year I can reach $30 or even $35K in expendable income when it comes to financing.  A few years ago you could find good cars at $25, but now it seems good cars rarely come down to $35, with many being $50+.

That's why I've been hesitant to actually go posting "Wanted" ads out there - I know I'm basically looking for a unicorn in regards to price.  So I wanted to find out where else people most post cars for sale so that I can continue to lurk from a distance...  :)

:vipermanhiding:

EV2RTSE

http://carsonline.com/ is a good one in addition to what has already been mentioned.

1 Wild R/T

Spikedog08

Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

cuda dad

What criteria are you looking for?  What are your must haves?
BS23 vin?
1970 - 1974, any year?
Matching numbers drive train required?
One that is really cool when done but needs restored?
Or one that is a 20 footer that you can drive?

Some specifics would help narrow your search.

Cuda70-74

Found mines on eBay back in March and had a member on cuda-challenger  check it out for me.
1969 mustang
1974 cuda turnt into a 71 cuda
1968 charger

Bullitt-

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

ViperMan

Quote from: cuda dad on July 21, 2017, 06:55:03 PM
What criteria are you looking for?  What are your must haves?
BS23 vin?
1970 - 1974, any year?
Matching numbers drive train required?
One that is really cool when done but needs restored?
Or one that is a 20 footer that you can drive?

Some specifics would help narrow your search.

Well, that's sorta why I was asking where else to search, more than just asking folks to look for me.  :)  I'm still in the early stages of shopping.

But to answer your questions, the VIN is basically immaterial to me - doesn't matter.

Must be 72-74 - round taillight required.
Not interested in matching numbers - big block preferred, 340 minimum.
Auto preferred, but not picky (considering a Tremec swap some day)
I'm a little picky on paint - looking for B4 or darker blue, or modern Chrysler blues, or Gold, or dark grays.  I'm not big on the impact green/yellow/red colors (nothing against them, just not for me.)

I believe it was 2010 or 2011 that there was a Viper GTS Blue 340 round taillight 'Cuda at Carlisle for 25K...  I was so broke, but man I should've tried to make it work...  Eeeeeeeeeeeevery once in a while I see a Viper blue 'Cuda on eBay, but it's been over a year now.

anlauto

I was going to mention this one, but I thought it was a little pricey, $35K CDN is about $28K USD.....
It's also a 4speed  :(' ........................Hey, but it's blue and has round taillights  :takealook:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/muskoka/1973-cuda/1277667480?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration