Main Menu

where to get all new glass

Started by realn96, December 31, 2017, 07:24:22 AM

Previous topic Next topic

realn96

Looking to buy all new glass for my cuda. I prefer the date coded. Anyone else sell date coded glass other then ECS?  Also if that what everyone is using? How does the glass fit?  :popcorn:

JH27N0B

A restoration shop put repro glass in my '70 Challenger which I believe is AMD.  It has Mopar markings and some sort of generic date code, meaning there is only one date code they put on their glass.
I'm not satisfied with it on my concours restored car.  It has various flaws like some small what I'd call "scalloping" along some edges and we've never got it to completely align.
The other thing that bothers me, is that in certain light or in photographs, you can see a subtle splotchy pattern in the side and rear glass.  You see the same thing in late model cars.  I've heard that is due to the modern glass manufacturing.  The tempering process is different.  And I've even heard that glass back in the day had some lead in it which they don't use in today's glass.
My restorer told me that he thought ECS glass is AMD that Dave puts the Mopar markings and date codes on, but I don't know that for sure.
My windshield looks better and doesn't bother me.  Windshields are different construction than the other glass.
I'm planning to get my original side and back glass polished and replace the AMD.

GoodysGotaCuda

1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

ToxicWolf

We replaced all the glass on my 70 Challenger.  I sent photos of the markings on the original glass to ECS and he reproduced them on the new glass.  I was happy with the results.  :banana:

nsmall

I bought an entire AMD set and I'm happy with it.  Fits well.  As for it being perfect, no, it has issues.  Little wavy near the top of the door glass if you look at it at a certain angle.

My car is no concours.  It looks WAY better vs the original glass. 

nsmall

Correction.   Maybe the original glass was better made as it didn't have that haze or wave at the top.   My glass was just really worn out and scratched pretty bad therefore that's why I'm saying this new glass looks way better.

fc7cuda

ECS is the way to go, albeit expensive.  :alan2cents:

GCragtop

I bought AMD for my -71 B-body some years ago. Better than worn out originals.

Chryco Psycho

As always I would Check with @MoparDave 1st he will have the best source & may have a discount available as well  :bigthumb:

realn96

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on December 31, 2017, 10:27:36 AM
As always I would Check with @MoparDave 1st he will have the best source & may have a discount available as well  :bigthumb

[/quote

Not a bad Idea. I got a price from ECS he mentioned 10%off if I buy the complete 6 piece glass. Which is what I was going to do anyway.

I love looking thru a new windshield, hell I hate looking thru my scratched eyeglasses .

Spikedog08

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on December 31, 2017, 10:27:36 AM
As always I would Check with @MoparDave 1st he will have the best source & may have a discount available as well  :bigthumb:

Yes do this . . . Dave sells the glass and you can gat a discount!   :worship:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

cordodge

Purchased a full set from Roseville, Fit and looks great.

realn96

Quote from: cordodge on January 04, 2018, 12:56:02 PM
Did you buy the AMD glass from Dave?

cordodge

Quote from: realn96 on January 05, 2018, 03:43:23 AM
Quote from: cordodge on January 04, 2018, 12:56:02 PM
Did you buy the AMD glass from Dave?

Not completely sure it was AMD but if it's the best on the market I'll say yes, it really looks great and Dave sells the best quality parts only. Give him a call you won't be disappointed.