ClassicAutoAir Perfectfit Kit
2 (40%)
VintageAir Surefit Kit
3 (60%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

71Cuda

I'm looking to install AC into my 71 Cuda (Chiquita) and I'm looking to see what kit is the most popular.
70 Charger, 71 Cuda

1 Wild R/T

First the fact your doing a Hellcrate should be mentioned since it has an effect...

Second is this a factory A/C car?

jordan

I have a Vintage Air system in my Cuda.  It took some tweaking to get it aligned, wired, hosed, and fitted under the dash.  I never charged it yet, so no comment on the coolness.  The heater works fine.  It has a blend feature to put the heat or cold where you want it.  It looks nice when installed by cleaning up the engine compartment.  It shouldn't matter much on where the compressor is on the Hellcat motor since you have to cut the lines to length anyway.  Just make sure the fittings are correctly placed before you have them crimped.  I painted my compressor black to look more stockish.  The network of hoses under the dash make it a hassle to work on anything under there unless you start taking hoses off.  Vintage Air were easy to work with to get the correct fittings so my system fits under a stock 6BBL air cleaner. 

I know Bouchillon  Performance does A/C parts for old mopars.  They were easy to work with too as I use their compressor mount to work with my Vintage system. 

"Don't brake until you see God!"

GoodysGotaCuda

I have a vintage air unit in my Cuda. Given the options, it's probably the best, though i do have some reservations regarding the installation of it.
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

71Cuda

I don't see the engine as a factor here but I get how you can see it playing a role. My Hellcrate motor has a factory compressor on it and both Vintage and Classic stated I can use it without an issue. I'm going to be running, cutting and crimping all my own lines as I usually do installing these kits over the years. I haven't installed either kit into an E body hence why I'm asking to gauge how folks felt about their experience by the brief poll.

It is a non AC car now.

70 Charger, 71 Cuda

anlauto

Vintage air makes a nice kit designed for an E body... :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration