Main Menu

While we're on the topic of restomods...

Started by dhh, July 02, 2021, 05:46:20 PM

Previous topic Next topic

dhh

Found this a while back but figured I'd share in case you guys haven't seen it yet. This has to be the most INSANE restomod cuda I've ever seen.

Attached a preview pic, but the full details are on https://cuda.dk/

anlauto

That would be described more as a "pro touring" car rather then a "resto-mod" :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JpRngr

Don't really care what you call it, that is Bad-A$$!

cuda hunter

It has a full galvanized body.  That is a new one on me.  Freakin cool !! 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Purepony

I'm tired of overdone cudas! Can someone do a challenger just for a change ?

Mopsquad

OK, that's a hot car. 

I'm confused, on a budget free build like this, why oh why install one of the most dangerous and ugliest air cleaners ever?!!

And a shaker?  How does that work?

Unless... the engine photo is a prebuild shot.

anlauto

Oh my gawd...that air filter looks like a $14.99 Walmart special.... :haha: :haha: :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Mrbill426

I saw one of those catch fire once from a backfire and it melted sending plastic into the intake and heads. ::)

Quote from: anlauto on July 12, 2021, 02:23:16 PM
Oh my gawd...that air filter looks like a $14.99 Walmart special.... :haha: :haha: :haha:

dhh

Quote from: Mopsquad on July 12, 2021, 02:13:49 PM
OK, that's a hot car. 

I'm confused, on a budget free build like this, why oh why install one of the most dangerous and ugliest air cleaners ever?!!

And a shaker?  How does that work?

Unless... the engine photo is a prebuild shot.
Why is it dangerous? Not familiar with those.

Mrbill426

The element is a sort of coarse "plastic" foam that will melt if subjected to a carb fire or backfire.. then your engine swallows the mess.  Also the element degrades and falls apart; again your engine swallows that too.  Looks cool to some but that is where it stops.

Quote from: dhh on July 12, 2021, 06:38:57 PM

Why is it dangerous? Not familiar with those.
[/quote]

Brads70

:iagree: I had one in the 80's did exactly as mentioned.....junk , almost as bad as those glass fuel filters, clear plastic ones are almost as bad too.

If you look at the picture of this Cuda close, the filter material has been removed.... but still.....

tparker

Damn, I'm in need of an air cleaner without breaking the bank. Of course originals are hard to find and not cheap. I guess that one is out. Not that I was in love with that cover.

Mrbill426

They do have issues; the "screen" cover is kinda wimpy too and the way it fastens is not real secure.

Quote from: tparker on July 13, 2021, 10:04:40 AM
Damn, I'm in need of an air cleaner without breaking the bank. Of course originals are hard to find and not cheap. I guess that one is out. Not that I was in love with that cover.

Mopsquad

I had one in the 90's on my '67 Galaxie.  My young self thought it looked cool and with the edelbrock carb, it was one of the few that would fit under the hood.   As mentioned, the screen was flimsy and any deviation or bending along the edge would make it difficult to stay in place.

PatO

Tried one of those on a motor in one of my boats years ago.  Thought I had bad gas or something. :notsure:  Tried to make a long had run and the motor choked and died.  Sucked the foam into the carb.  :verymad:   Left it off the rest of the weekend and the boat ran great.  Seems like a good idea - but not so hot in practice!