Main Menu

WAY OFF TOPIC................ GOPRO....

Started by BIGSHCLUNK, July 09, 2018, 03:08:52 PM

Previous topic Next topic

BIGSHCLUNK

Ok so like I know Murray has a GOPRO HERO 5 (I think??) And now the 6 is out there. But what is the diff (other than obvious style/size) from a "HERO" and a "SESSION" ????? 

Thanks

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

BIGSHCLUNK

ZEN357

BillR1212

I have not looked this up to confirm. But a Hero 5 black has a screen, and a hero 5 session does not have a screen and you likely have to connect your phone to see what the camera sees. I have 5 hero 5 blacks that I use to record night circle track races on my car. The video looks really good especially in 4K. If you're just using them here and there you likely won't know the difference between a 5 or 6. Most people can't even view 4K video anyways.

BIGSHCLUNK

I ended up getting a 6 just because...... but ya I didn't quite understand the Session, now that I got the 6 I see where your phone comes into play. Played with it a little in the garage and such. Allot of punch from a very small package. It's a battery sucker on your phione thats for sure

BillR1212

The go pros suck battery too - you may want to set auto off for 5 minutes. If you're planning to use it, and you accidentally leave it on it will drain the go pro battery quickly.