Main Menu

1970 CHALLENGER 383, 4 speed convertible factory Air 1 of 19 built

Started by MasonDaniel7, August 23, 2021, 12:19:03 AM

Previous topic Next topic

MasonDaniel7

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JH27N0B

Shame they created such a sparse poorly written ad.  They say it's one of 19, but don't say why.  It appears it is because it was originally a 3 speed manual.
Cars been restored in a way that took away factors that made it rare.  :alan2cents:

70vert

wow, that is well priced. Based solely on pics, and being a convertible, big block standard trans, A/C, and factory Plum Crazy car that ticks a lot of boxes. Sure it can be nit-picked but there is a lot of $ room to "fix" stuff.

JH27N0B

What's the owner want for it?  I only see what it's bid to now and no buy it now.
He's listed his phone number in the ad I'm guessing the eBay ad is trying to result in a sale outside eBay.

Mopsquad

I'll keep an eye on this one til it ends whatever way that happens.  :popcorn:

70vert

@JH27N0B   ah good point, I saw that as the asking price and quickly jumped to the pics. Always a catch, we'll see how this ends up.

6bblgt

CRAZY RARE CAR  :crazytalk:  ~$600 worth of OPTIONS, but what a crazy combination

3-speed manual transmission (STANDARD) with A/C probably makes it  1 of 1 for a '70 R/T convertible

& the factory rear spoiler is rarer than the 3-speed

Matt M

Pretty Cool Car
Rare as heck
Lots of questions here
72 and up Dash, not sure what to think about the dash VIN....
Definitely would need to go over that thing.

JH27N0B

VIN rivets? Who needs them when you can use Phillips head screws!
Interesting how part of the AC system was installed but then they put longer heater hoses on to overlay it.
The whole car would really need to be blown apart and redone to put it back to its original glory.

6bblgt

as with many cars that were put together/restored/other during the '80s / '90s & even today - the available parts and budget (& intention) varies widely for any "project" car

dash rivets being readily available today doesn't automatically cast shadows on a 30+ year old "restoration" - be happy it has what appears to be a nice original 1970 Challenger dash pad
:thinking:  which is easier to correct?

while the heater hose appear to be too long - the A/C looks to be complete

6bblgt

:takealook:

is that a windshield washer foot pump??

EV2RTSE

anlauto

Quote from: 6bblgt on August 23, 2021, 05:40:13 PM
:takealook:

is that a windshield washer foot pump??

Really weird feature to "add" to an original R/T  that would have never left the factory with one.. :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Skdmark

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane: