Main Menu

1970 Challenger A66 340 4 speed FM3 Panther Pink Numbers Matching Graveyard Carz

Started by MasonDaniel7, August 31, 2021, 12:21:05 AM

Previous topic Next topic

erik70rt

Quote from: JH27N0B on September 01, 2021, 10:53:13 AM
Mark me down as one who enjoys seeing FM3 cars but not one to have a strong desire to ever one one!
My T/As deck lid and spoiler actually came off a FM3 T/A being stripped in IN decades ago for what it's worth.
It's interesting how much color seems to affect desirability and value of Mopars.  It's borderline silly how much TX9 adds to a T/A or AARs value for an example, I would estimate at least 50%.
On the other hand, my GK6 '71 Challenger that I've had on the market has had many scratching their heads why someone didn't scoop it up years ago, and best guess as to why is that brown isn't popular.
When I have been in the market, good E bodies seem so few and far between that I don't feel like I can be choosy about color if I ever want to find a car.  I wasn't excited about FK5 when I was searching for a convertible, but wasn't finding a car to buy after a long time looking, and "settled".  Subsequently the color grew on me, as did GK6 after I bought my '71.
Right now, the two colors that intrigue me most are F4 and B7.  They are pretty colors that you don't see very often, and at the risk of stepping on toes, after 40 years being an e body fan I've grown tired of seeing high impact colors on most cars and want to see the less seen colors!
At any rate, that's just me.

When I bought my 'vert I settled on FK5, too.  And I still don't like it!  LOL  Since I am building it into a T/A 'vert, I will change the color.  B7 is definitely in the running, but I also like bright colors that accentuate the black hood/stripes/etc.  I'm leaning toward LL1 to be different, but also am considering FM3, FC7 and EV2.
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

340challconvert

These two FM3 A66 Challengers are the closest in serial numbers and order numbers in the A66 Registry with identical SPD's of 402.
Both are Y16 sales bank cars.

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

750-h2

Historically FM3 cars sell for more $$. I have seen some evaluation guides state to add 35% if the car was FM3. Personally I would love to own one!

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration