Main Menu

1970 Challenger Go Mango 4 speed project

Started by Cuda Cody, June 01, 2017, 08:09:12 AM

Previous topic Next topic

70/6chall

Say there guys, I'm leaning toward Coles findings. It really looks like the twin to mine. LA built possibly an early Aug.'69 car, I'd like to see that fender tag also. Cole you're absolutely right, mine was a 3-speed originally before I got tired of shoving in the clutch and rowing gears up and down, everyday in the damned traffic down here in SoCal, same PITA traffic Randy was ribbing me about. So out it came for an Auto. 904, with B&M shift improver, and Quicksilver shifter. But the EK2 go-mango exterior and the original, before black, H6K4 Burnt Orange interior seems to be dead on mine. I'm also inclined to think all my SE trim was dealer installed to get rid of a plain Jane, 6 cyl.car. Or maybe at original buyers request??????? I like Cole's idea of finding out where this one was scheduled into the line-up. Dan came up with 2 LA built cars SL6, 3-speeds, #123, Red/white and #394, Gold/black. If regular production started Aug.18, '69 and Coles Barracuda built 2 days later. That makes our cars VERY  early built. Mine built the first day Monday, Aug.18,'69 #113, and Cole's right after mine.    Thanks,   Al

cataclysm80

So who is going to call and try to get a fender tag pic?   :)