Main Menu

1970 Cuda EV2 Louver / Go wing project

Started by Cuda Cody, January 31, 2017, 12:59:15 PM

Previous topic Next topic

smb03

That is unfortunate for ur friend, but before you bid on my car. You ask me whatever little bitty details you want to know as I don't want to deal with flake buyers, not that I'm calling you one...just stating where I stand on this. I don't want to sell this car...but I don't want to wait another year before I can drive my current project.

71GranCoupe

Good luck with the auction and  :welcome:  The car has potential but does need some tlc.  :handshake:

smb03

Thanks, I am a fellow Mopar guy not a flipper. I will answer any questions truthfully. Want to see it go to a good home. I also do a lot of metal replacement and custom fab work so I know what it's going to take to build her. Not gonna lie it is a major project but we all know what it is..

Cuda Cody

The color combo and options are beyond super cool.  This is not like any other Cuda I've seen in a long time.  That's what has me so interested.  I try to do my own metal work and I know it takes me a long time compared to someone that does it everyday.  In the end I would pay a lot more for this car if it wasn't as rusty.  For sure it can be saved, but it's going to take a long time to do it right.  Not sure I have it in me to do all the metal work.   :thinking:   Man, if I can't own that car, at least I hope to get to see it done someday.   :takealook:  Going to be a real attention getter.

smb03

I have a 70 charger I'm also selling, if it goes before the Cuda I may just keep the orange Cuda and build it. I've done worse cars. I'm charger guy but when I came across this car I had to buy it.

71GranCoupe

Quote from: smb03 on February 06, 2017, 03:01:02 PM
Thanks, I am a fellow Mopar guy not a flipper. I will answer any questions truthfully. Want to see it go to a good home. I also do a lot of metal replacement and custom fab work so I know what it's going to take to build her. Not gonna lie it is a major project but we all know what it is..

Wish I was in Vegas, but business has me out of the area, otherwise i would be looking your car over in person and chatting about them. I really do need a project there, but not sure if i could do it justice.  :stayinlane:

anlauto

I think The current owner has done a good job of describing this car and especially after seeing the video he posted.

I'm A LOT different then most of the people here. I've restored some of the worst E Bodies in the world. I could care less about the amount of rust....I would certainly buy this car sight unseen as I've bought most if not all my projects sight unseen.

The only things that concern me when buying a car is original documentation. Original Fender tag, original Broadcast Sheet, Original Motor, Original Transmission. If a car has those things, then I could care less about anything else, because EVERYTHING else can be restored.

I, ALAN GALLANT, am the  perfect person to buy and restore this car back to 100% original...UNFORTUNATELY ...This car is not perfect for me because it has only one of the four things I listed above. I buy cars to restore them and then to sell them....this one not being numbers matching and not having a BCS really hurts any potential resale in my opinion. The oddball colour combo will not carry it alone as far as adding value.

I bid $5K and would have went considerably higher if it just had that extra bit of documentation. :toast:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

smb03

I'm $35hr on resto stuff, if you wanna just leave it here and have me do it lol. I just finished replacing aloooot or metal on this charger here

smb03

Quote from: anlauto on February 06, 2017, 03:26:13 PM
I think The current owner has done a good job of describing this car and especially after seeing the video he posted.

I'm A LOT different then most of the people here. I've restored some of the worst E Bodies in the world. I could care less about the amount of rust....I would certainly buy this car sight unseen as I've bought most if not all my projects sight unseen.

The only things that concern me when buying a car is original documentation. Original Fender tag, original Broadcast Sheet, Original Motor, Original Transmission. If a car has those things, then I could care less about anything else, because EVERYTHING else can be restored.

I, ALAN GALLANT, am the  perfect person to buy and restore this car back to 100% original...UNFORTUNATELY ...This car is not perfect for me because it has only one of the four things I listed above. I buy cars to restore them and then to sell them....this one not being numbers matching and not having a BCS really hurts any potential resale in my opinion. The oddball colour combo will not carry it alone as far as adding value.

I bid $5K and would have went considerably higher if it just had that extra bit of documentation. :toast:

I can see where ur coming from but 5k won't even buy a rusty plain Jane 1st gen camaro now a days.  5k definitely won't buy a lot of Cuda or charger now a days.

Cuda Cody

:clapping:  Nice work @smb03   You should keep the Cuda and do it yourself.  I just want to see the car done and driving on the road. It's about as cool as it gets for odd colors.

Roadman

Quote from: Cuda Cody on February 06, 2017, 03:52:25 PM
:clapping:  Nice work @smb03   You should keep the Cuda and do it yourself.  I just want to see the car done and driving on the road. It's about as cool as it gets for odd colors.

:iagree:             

anlauto

Quote from: smb03 on February 06, 2017, 03:37:29 PM

I can see where ur coming from but 5k won't even buy a rusty plain Jane 1st gen camaro now a days.  5k definitely won't buy a lot of Cuda or charger now a days.

No...I agree with you 1000% ....The car is worth $10K-$12K all day.......I only stopped at $5K because I came to my senses.....believe me I'm still losing sleep over it like Cody, but being in Canada I have to add 35% exchange and 13% tax just to get it home, with shipping that gets me to about $20K CDN......makes it tough....

I would have no issue with $12K+ if is was numbers matching with the sheet.

It's a very cool car you have :worship: and I hope it goes to someone with more than a "dream" to fix ur up one day :crazytalk:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Shoooter

I think if this car had half the rust it did it would be sold for alot more. I really like this car. One of my favorite 70 cudas I have seen. I really hope someone here gets it!

smb03

gotta love the stupid questions you always get selling a car...heres the top one "you said it starts, but will in run and drive on to a transport truck, also will you warranty the engine?" lol idiots....never did i say it starts but i did say original drivetrain is missing.

anlauto

There's no "stupid questions" only Stupid People .... :alan2cents: :rofl: