Main Menu

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 383 car but has a 440 4 speed

Started by MasonDaniel7, September 15, 2020, 12:27:36 AM

Previous topic Next topic

serpiko

Looks interesting, I am tempted in making an offer, only thing which stops me is that here in Austria they are quite picky about the car being original and I might have problems to register it with the wrong engine.

1971Y13

1971 'Cuda
1968 GTX

1971Y13

Quote from: serpiko on September 16, 2020, 12:49:55 AM
Looks interesting, I am tempted in making an offer, only thing which stops me is that here in Austria they are quite picky about the car being original and I might have problems to register it with the wrong engine.
Cant you just borrow a 383 and use during the registration? Looks like a really nice car and I love the red color.
1971 'Cuda
1968 GTX

serpiko

that would probably be the safest option, but it´s adding to the cost and 383s especially with the right codes for this car are not easy/cheap to find over here

71vert340

So, the engine numbers are actually hecked when registering there? That is picky. Otherwise, just changing the pie tin to a 383 call outon the air cleaner would be easiest. And put 383 call outs on hood.
Terry

RUNCHARGER

Hmm: My Challenger went to Austria, 340 car with a 472 Hemi installed. Not sure what was involved in registering it though.
Sheldon

serpiko

probably the car was registered first in Germany and later in Austria, in Germany they are way more relaxed, in Austria and especially in Italy they are way more picky, hence is quite normal to get the car registered first in Germany and later to Austria or Italy. In Austria it depends also from place to place, I couldn´t import my Italian registered 76 Pontiac Trans Am in one region so I just changed office and they were fine with it, mind you the car was not in great shape but was matching numbers.

RacerX

Quote from: 1971Y13 on September 16, 2020, 04:37:13 AM
Isn't that rear wing little to far backwards?

Any further back and it would be bolted to the bumper or laying on the ground...   

Always confuses me how some folks can make such a big effort on a restoration and botch something so basic as the wing...   

:notsure: