Main Menu

1970 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible

Started by MasonDaniel7, January 02, 2019, 11:23:38 PM

Previous topic Next topic

aussiemark

I'd replace the driver's floor & door handle, put some carpet in there, remove that Cuda emblem from the trunk lid and drive that sucker as is.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda_mark

"the body will need some restoration"

Yeah, I agree with that statement....

"would make a great winter project"

Winter? I thin k he means winters....as in several of them.

340challconvert

Always love e body convertibles
Looking at the car; the rust repair on the body is extensive
Frame rails look good, but as the owner states; the car needs quarters, driver's side floor patched, a "weak" rocker frame box, door skin, rt side door sill below the door hinge mounts needs replacement.  etc.  There is a lot of rust repair.
That being said, convertibles are ALWAYS worth saving. I always smile when someone makes the statement "It will be worth 100k w a hemi"  (The old Mecum fantasy dream mindset)
318 convertible Barracuda; I would think he would be lucky to get low to mid 20's on this one.  We shall see.
The old story: 50k+ resto costs for a car that is only worth that price or less in stock form.
:takemymoney:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

scf100

1970 Challenger R/T convertible Triple Black

Cuda_mark

Quote from: scf100 on January 04, 2019, 11:47:53 AM
car is from Connecticut....nuff said

Hey! My vert was originally from CT too! It went to West Palm Beach and now it's back here in CT.

Are you saying we salt our roads too much???

WCC

Looking at the top it looks like there was a fire as well.

Quote from: 340challconvert on January 03, 2019, 08:03:12 AMI always smile when someone makes the statement "It will be worth 100k w a hemi"

Sure it can be a $100k car but he neglected to say it will cost you a $150k to get there.  :yes:

scf100

Quote from: Cuda_mark on January 04, 2019, 12:25:44 PM
Quote from: scf100 on January 04, 2019, 11:47:53 AM
car is from Connecticut....nuff said

Hey! My vert was originally from CT too! It went to West Palm Beach and now it's back here in CT.

Are you saying we salt our roads too much???

LOL, yea you guys up North use salt on roads like we southerners use salt on fries!
1970 Challenger R/T convertible Triple Black

superdave

Did I see right? Ended at $15K...I'm a buyer at that point :banana:. Perhaps reserve wasn't met.?. :dunno:
      Dave

RUNCHARGER

Reserve not met, i guess buddy's retirement fund needs more cash.
Sheldon

Jay Bee

I put it in my watch list this morning with about a day and a half to go and it was at $18.3k with "reserve not met".  Apparently, 'This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing".

340challconvert

Car was relisted and is at 18.1k with 6 days left!   :takemymoney:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible