Main Menu

1970 Rt/se

Started by Timbbuc2, April 26, 2019, 03:24:48 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Timbbuc2

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Dodge-Challenger-Challenger-/153460703578?oid=183739644040&redirect=mobile
Look at this and tell me what you think, I talked to the guy last night, has many now  and new parts.It is in Texas
Get in, I'll drive

headejm

Looks like the ad is closed. Reserve not met.  :wave:

70 Challenger Lover

Seems like quite a bit of money for such a rusted out car. And it's not an RT either. I have seen other legit Project RTs on eBay for not much more money that we're much nicer.

Cuda Cody

That's a lot of rust.  If it was a 6 pack or Hemi I could see tackling that much rust, but for a 383 the buy in price would need to be much lower with that much rust and work needed.   :alan2cents:

Are you looking for a project?  I know of some around.

anlauto

I wonder if it sold ? RT/SE's are pretty cool cars but it would be nicer if it wasn't just a base 383 car. It does look like a LOT of extra parts are/were included  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

70 Challenger Lover

Ok, I was looking at the similar car that came up. I did see this RT when it was live and it caught my interest because it does come with a nice assortment of stuff. Needs a lot of work for sure. I might pay $10-12k for that car with everything but probably no more.

Timbbuc2

As you can see in the ad this guy is a restorer in the Houstan area, he told me he wanted 15 k for everything. Also said he has more parts to go with the car that is listed in the auction Many new and Nos parts. He has owned the car for 10 years
Get in, I'll drive

fc7cuda

Wylie Texas is just on the NE side of Dallas. It's near me but questionable seller.  Keep looking.   :alan2cents:

Timbbuc2

There have been several e-bodies on Ebay but I swear that are in terrible shape, and don't mention a Charger, they are bringing crazy money even being a total rust bucket. But that's my opinion
Get in, I'll drive

Timbbuc2

Quote from: Cuda Cody on April 26, 2019, 04:08:10 PM
That's a lot of rust.  If it was a 6 pack or Hemi I could see tackling that much rust, but for a 383 the buy in price would need to be much lower with that much rust and work needed.   :alan2cents:

Are you looking for a project?  I know of some around.
@Cuda Cody  I was thinking about another project, mine is getting close to being done
Get in, I'll drive

anlauto

Quote from: Timbbuc2 on April 26, 2019, 07:47:42 PM
There have been several e-bodies on Ebay but I swear that are in terrible shape, and don't mention a Charger, they are bringing crazy money even being a total rust bucket. But that's my opinion

It's all about supply and demand....People wouldn't get away with asking crazy prices if there wasn't enough people willing to pay crazy prices. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Timbbuc2

Quote from: anlauto on April 26, 2019, 08:14:19 PM
Quote from: Timbbuc2 on April 26, 2019, 07:47:42 PM

It's all about supply and demand....People wouldn't get away with asking crazy prices if there wasn't enough people willing to pay crazy prices. :alan2cents:
My opinion but with the parts that's included, 12k US would be inline
Get in, I'll drive

Cuda Cody

fc7cuda