Main Menu

1970-1970 brakes interchangeable??

Started by northerncuda2021, December 13, 2021, 06:25:07 AM

Previous topic Next topic

northerncuda2021

Good morning all. I'm in the process of ordering new disc brake setup for my Cuda. I got a set of spindles off a 1974 challenger, my question is when I look to order parts on Rock Auto its telling my the rotors are different from 70/71 to 72/74. Also the 70/71 rotors are sold out but 72/74 has lots of avaliable .   I cant physically see any difference ?? Is there any difference???  Correctness is not important to me as long as it doesn't effect safety.
Thanks

Bullitt-

You need the '74 rotors & bearings as they will fit the '74 spindle. '70 was different in this area, otherwise they readily interchange from what I understand
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

MoparLeo

The difference is the spindle diameter. 70-71 use a smaller inner bearing so the later 70-71 rotor will not fit the later 
/larger diameter spindles. Just order 73-74 parts. No worries.
moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...

anlauto

The newer ones 72-74 have larger bearings...and different seals...if you have 1974 spindles, be sure to order everything for a 1974
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

northerncuda2021

Thank you guys. Even better the 74 rotors are cheaper.
Take care