Main Menu

2. 70 Challengers RT's consecutive vins

Started by Cudakiller70, February 03, 2017, 03:05:38 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

I think cost to restore too. Rare options cost lots of money to find if they aren't there. The black car was nicely outfitted, light package, road wheels A/C, moldings etc. The A/C stuff would be a PITA. other stuff looks pretty easy. Oops, sill moldings...
Sheldon

Cudakiller70

Quote from: Cuda Cody on February 03, 2017, 06:45:21 PM
Thanks @Cudakiller70  for using your big avatar eyes to spot that deal!   :bigthumb: 

@RUNCHARGER  let me know if you want me to send you photos when I see them?
Hey @Cuda Cody there's an app for that, it's called IFTTT (if this then that) they have what they call recipes. I use a common recipe craigslist posting mopar  then I get an email.
https://ifttt.com/discover

fc7cuda

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on February 03, 2017, 04:23:02 PM
The black one was bad Cody? I'd be interested in it by itself if it was saveable.

Sheldon

:iagree:

Black Leather seats  :inlove: and AM/8track.

Will be a nice looking car when done.

fc7cuda

S83:    Rim Blow Woodgrained Steering Wheel

build sheet shows a nicely loaded car.  :alan2cents:

Tom 

Cuda Cody

Spoke to the owner of the cars this morning and after he tried to get Mark to show me the cars, Mark said he will buy them.   :rolleyes:  So he's giving Mark 1 week to come up with the money.  Oh well, win some and lose some. 

Crocha617

Quote from: Cuda Cody on February 04, 2017, 10:38:39 AM
Spoke to the owner of the cars this morning and after he tried to get Mark to show me the cars, Mark said he will buy them.   :rolleyes:  So he's giving Mark 1 week to come up with the money.  Oh well, win some and lose some.

I was sort of wondering why Mark didn't want them at that price.

Cuda Cody

Mark has to pay more for them as he owes the guy money.  I think he was using the ad and possible sale to get Mark to pay him the money back.

anlauto

Mark owes him money ? That's odd...I thought maybe because Mark was worried about losing the business...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Blake@diyhemi.com

Maybe a deposit or something he was owed to return?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1970 AAR Cuda 
5.7 Hemi /A833 ~ DIYHEMI-Cuda
Looking for my numbers matching 340 TA block!
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

Your late model Hemi swap resource!

Cuda Cody

Yes, it was a deposit issue.  Mark sold him the cars 4 years ago and the contract was for Mark to restore both cars for $95k.  The guy put a deposit down and that's about all that was done.  The guy has since moved on with some other cars and I think even bought a car or too off Mark that was done or already done.  Since these Challengers were not going to be done anytime soon, the owner was tired of waiting and wanted out.  It makes sense that Mark would buy them back, but to do so it appears he'll need to give back the remaining amount on the deposit.  I can see where Mark would want them back to sell to other custom so he can keep the future work.  And the 4 year clock starts over too.  So looks like they'll both be happy.  Good for them.   :smile:

Oh well, on to the next thing.   8)

RUNCHARGER

Dang: Oh well, interesting cars come up all the time. And of course it isn't over until it's over.

Sheldon
Sheldon

HP_Cuda

An interesting way to get what you want.

There are so many body shops that will take someone's restoration project and their $$$ so they can put the car in the back and cover it with a tarp only to trot it out with little done if the owner comes around.

Sad story, rinse and repeat.

There is definitely a right way to do it and a wrong way.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Cuda Cody

Spoke to the owner of the 2 Challengers yesterday and he said Mark has paid him in full for the cars.  Mark did what he said and paid the guy back.   :clapping:

6bblgt

anyone have VIN info/fender tag/sheet pics they can share?

Cuda Cody

:bigthumb:

Quote from: 6bblgt on April 26, 2017, 10:58:00 AM
anyone have VIN info/fender tag/sheet pics they can share?