Main Menu

2. 70 Challengers RT's consecutive vins

Started by Cudakiller70, February 03, 2017, 03:05:38 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

Do you want me to call the owner and see what the deal is?

RUNCHARGER

Hmm: I'll probably call him tomorrow. I like U-codes and black is always a bonus. I don't need 2 though.

Sheldon
Sheldon

Crocha617

You guys should jump on that deal. If that second car is savable it sounds like a no brainer. If I weren't 3,000 miles away I'd be calling.

Cuda Cody

On the phone with the owner right now....

Quote from: Crocha617 on February 03, 2017, 05:40:08 PM
You guys should jump on that deal. If that second car is savable it sounds like a no brainer. If I weren't 3,000 miles away I'd be calling.

headejm

Cuda Cody

Long story behind them.  But I told him I would like to buy them and we're setting up a time for me to go down and inspect them.  It's going to be a little tricky with them being at a 3rd party location.  I need to  :takealook: before I  :takemymoney:

Cuda Cody

Thanks @Cudakiller70  for using your big avatar eyes to spot that deal!   :bigthumb: 

@RUNCHARGER  let me know if you want me to send you photos when I see them?

RUNCHARGER

Cody: For sure, I'm very interested in the black one. Only thing is it has to have a good title for me to bring it home. My email is moparnutatshaw.ca

Thanks
Sheldon
Sheldon

Cuda Cody

He said he has good CA titles for them both.  The Black one is where the most value is at.  The other Challenger is all apart and no fender tag or build sheet.  Not much more then a body with some basic running gear.  It does at least have its numbers matching trans.  No engine with either if I remember correctly.  I'll know more once I see them in person.   :takepicture:

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on February 03, 2017, 06:55:57 PM
Cody: For sure, I'm very interested in the black one. Only thing is it has to have a good title for me to bring it home. My email is moparnutatshaw.ca

Thanks
Sheldon

anlauto

Are you going to have Mark Worman restore them like the ad suggest? :brainiac:

Personally I like the orange/red Cuda better.... :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Alan: No heck, I wreck my own stuff! I'm just working on the build sheet image right now trying to sharpen it up.
Cody: Thanks!
Sheldon

anlauto

Quote from: Cuda Cody on February 03, 2017, 07:01:20 PM
He said he has good CA titles for them both.  The Black one is where the most value is at.  The other Challenger is all apart and no fender tag or build sheet.  Not much more then a body with some basic running gear.  It does at least have its numbers matching trans.  No engine with either if I remember correctly.  I'll know more once I see them in person.   :takepicture:

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on February 03, 2017, 06:55:57 PM

Thanks
Sheldon

Doesn't quite sound like a 50-50 split.....The purple one sounds like a parts car :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Cuda Cody

Car for car when all said and done restored, I take the Red / Orange Cuda too.  But it comes down to rust and that Cuda looks like it's got a lot.  Hoping these Challengers don't have a lot of rust!   :fingerscrossed:

Quote from: anlauto on February 03, 2017, 07:04:55 PM
Are you going to have Mark Worman restore them like the ad suggest? :brainiac:

Personally I like the orange/red Cuda better.... :alan2cents:

anlauto

It's weird how we live in different  worlds.....not that the Cuda has much documentation.....

But over all....I'll take numbers matching/documentation ANYDAY over rust....Rust don't scare me....You've seen the cars I've restored.... :drunk:

Cuda Cody

You make a good point.  I'm thinking about it like this.  These two Challenger U codes are the about same price as the one Cuda.  And they might be 20% to 30% less to restore if they solid cars.  I very well could have two cars done for around the same money and time as one.  But who I'm kidding, I'm slow... probably just buying shop decorations at this point.  :drunk:

Quote from: anlauto on February 03, 2017, 07:15:53 PM
It's weird how we live in different  worlds.....not that the Cuda has much documentation.....

But over all....I'll take numbers matching/documentation ANYDAY over rust....Rust don't scare me....You've seen the cars I've restored.... :drunk: