Main Menu

70 AAR Cuda - Ebay

Started by Chippa, April 25, 2017, 10:05:13 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Chippa

Cuda Cody

Neat car.  I've gotta get some sleep now, but I'll comment on it in the morning.  Hint, I like it!!!!!  but I have a few questions..... wish he posted better photos.

anlauto

You mean all AAR's and TA's  SHOULD be manuals :burnout:

This car is a low to mid-$40's car :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Chippa

haha yeah i'm hearing ya !!!  i just checked in on my watch list on ebay and its jumped up to 27k USD.....i'm starting to wonder if my budget is not enough to find a Cuda/Chally ......CDN is on par with AUD so that may help me possibly finding something in Canada ?? just a thought i had .

Andrew

Chryco Psycho

Neat car & nice color , too bad I never learned how to drive an Auto  :bricks:

RUNCHARGER

I like the eclectic interior a lot and the honesty of the condition and documentation. Not an auto fan but the originality,  bench seat, column shift, blue interior and rallye gauges go a long way to making this a cool car.
Sheldon

erik70rt

I like it.  Very different. 
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

Markp

Manual T/A's and AAR's seem to be getting harder and harder to find. Not good for guys like me who one day hope to own one.
1974 Cuda Pro Street HP?????
2000 Camaro SS 383 Stroker 550hp
2016 Challenger Hellcat 707HP

ec_co

Quote from: Chippa on April 26, 2017, 05:26:28 AM
haha yeah i'm hearing ya !!!  i just checked in on my watch list on ebay and its jumped up to 27k USD.....i'm starting to wonder if my budget is not enough to find a Cuda/Chally ......CDN is on par with AUD so that may help me possibly finding something in Canada ?? just a thought i had .

Andrew

remember that this one is special though, an AAR will generally command higher prices than a standard 'Cuda. so while this one may push past your budget, it's not an indication that you won't find something that meets your needs and budget
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Cuda Cody

@Chippa   The auto / column shift with bench seat is going to be a turn off for a few people.  The color is one of the coolest you'll find on an AAR.  As for condition, the body "side-swipe" really sucks.  Then when you hear that it's been in Hawaii you think about rust.  Everything is Hawaii is susceptible to rust.... but this car does not look bad so that's good.  The trunk looks to have been patched with fiberglass and the lip of the deck lid has fiberglass on it too (cheap attempt to fix rust).  So I'm sure you'll find a bit more rust once you start looking, but does not look like a rust bucket though.  All the interior looks to be chalky and bad so those would need to be replaced (not cheap).  The seats are missing the 70 only hinge cover (not cheap to replace).  The car has been repainted, the wiper motor has been painted black, rust has been repaired (poorly), missing dash trim pieces and I think there has been a bit of stuff on the underside that has been replaced.... so saying it has not been restored is a stretch if you ask me.  The seller has flipped a few cars in the last year and knows these cars well.  As you can see he never put the title in his name so he kinda had an idea of what he was going to do with it.  He tried to get it running and says it needs "dialed in" but he does not have time.... but he had time to replace the ballast resistor, plugs, wires, rubber fuel lines and filter, fuel tank, sending unit, rebuilt the carbs and a few other odds and ends....  that tells me he could not get it running good and is now the new owners problem.  The engine might be old and worn out.  That's a big expense if it needs engine work.

The seller knows how to flip a car and it's a good car to flip so I'm sure he's going to get top dollar for it.  I am not badmouthing the car or the seller, just telling you what I think.  He has good feedback and if the car is as clean as it appears I would think anyone here (including myself) would love to own it.  As for the price, I think someone is going to step up for it.  The Hemi's and 6 packs are getting so hard to find.  I think you're looking at a $40k car.

I know of a B5 AAR that is a true 1 owner that might be for sale.  They talked to me last year about selling it, but wanted to much money.  They have everything for the car including window sticker and their first speeding ticket.  They wanted $75K for it.  It was repainted in the 80's and has damage from a deer.  A little bit of normal rust, but overall a nice car.  Just not worth anywhere close to $75k.

Blake@diyhemi.com

An AAR, and 70 GTX are two of my bucket list cars. I don't know if in this lifetime, but maybe one day. B5 is my favorite color AAR along with TX9 black.

This is awesome, neat car!
1970 AAR Cuda 
5.7 Hemi /A833 ~ DIYHEMI-Cuda
Looking for my numbers matching 340 TA block!
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

Your late model Hemi swap resource!

anlauto

That's a nice blue one as well @Cuda Cody, but I agree...not $75K nice :thumbdown: It's a $40K car as well. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

750-h2

Just yo add to Cody's post both of these AAR's are also missing their rare and expensive 2229171 master cylinders. 

Moparman82

B5 AARs are my all time favorite (aesthetically) mopars, doesn't get much cooler looking!
Looking for the right 70 Cuda project!

RUNCHARGER

I see what you guys see: Both of those cars would be best to get running and tidied up. They are too expensive to buy (at say 40k ish) and restore. Best bet is to drive them almost as is for a while.
Sheldon