Started by 303 Mopar, March 20, 2017, 10:06:15 AM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

Quote from: anlauto on March 20, 2017, 06:02:14 PM
@6bblgt Are these tags real ?
M71 ? without A22 :thinking:

L25 & L31 without A01 ? Odd for sure...

A67 without V1X ?

So M71 would have had A21 on the tag right?

Had it been A22 then the M73 should have showed up on the tag.  Right?
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

Could you order A67 without V1X ? 
The book says " if you order Vinyl it must be black"  emphasis on IF . 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

6bblgt

:rofl: bad FAKE tags

Scottsdale '11 Barrett-Jackson it "SOLD" for $55K

anlauto

Quote from: cuda hunter on March 20, 2017, 08:12:40 PM
Quote from: anlauto on March 20, 2017, 06:02:14 PM
@6bblgt Are these tags real ?
M71 ? without A22 :thinking:

L25 & L31 without A01 ? Odd for sure...

A67 without V1X ?

So M71 would have had A21 on the tag right?

Had it been A22 then the M73 should have showed up on the tag.  Right?

I've never seen M71 on a tag :looney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

303 Mopar

WOW!  Crazy that someone would go to that much effort to make up tags, then try to sell it for double what it sold for just 6 yrs ago.  Highway robbery I tell ya!    :vipermanhiding:

anlauto

It may have been re-restored ? Different tires and no stripes etc...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

kdcarman

So what is a V Code car made up to be a TX9, 4 speed, shaker car worth?   :thinking:

Not $125k.
Not $109k.

anlauto

Nobody knows what the car was so it's only a "made up" tag until proven otherwise.....I say it still has strong value, maybe not six figures, but that goes for any car without documentation. :alan2cents:

kdcarman

Quote from: anlauto on March 21, 2017, 07:27:46 AM
Nobody knows what the car was so it's only a "made up" tag until proven otherwise.....I say it still has strong value, maybe not six figures, but that goes for any car without documentation. :alan2cents:

I would say same value as the EF8 V Code you can get done for about 100k.

HEMICUDA

The car originally was an F8 with green interior, column shift, non-shaker & standard dash.

kdcarman

Quote from: HEMICUDA on March 21, 2017, 07:30:08 AM
The car originally was an F8 with green interior, column shift, non-shaker & standard dash.

Here is my theory on value.  The car is worth less as a made up TX9 car then an original F8, column shift car.   

anlauto

Well I stand corrected, I guess member HEMICUDA does know the history of this car. :clapping:

So it's my opinion that YES, if it was restored back to 100% to the original tag it would be worth more money then it's current state.

HOWEVER
The level of desirability would be a lot lower.

YES....there are a few collectors, that if spending six figures on collector car, they want only the best documented cars, and a green column auto would be low on their list, and this current car wouldn't even come close to be considered.

YES....there are a lot more buyers out there that couldn't care less about numbers matching, original tags, broadcast sheets etc....they want a cool can to impress their friends, and this car's current condition has plenty of coolness 8) and this type buyer would buy a green column auto... :alan2cents:

RUNCHARGER

It would be a fun driver. I myself would enjoy hammering it around. However I wouldn't even pay $70k for it as is.
Sheldon

HP_Cuda

Sounds like this pile of spagetti is worth around where it sold at Auction not long ago.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

anlauto