Main Menu

70 Cuda with less than 1000 original miles

Started by Challenger in NC, February 01, 2020, 04:34:26 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

I find the amount of rust odd if it's been off the road since 1970. Sitting in a field somewhere, you wouldn't think they would rust out THAT bad  :thinking:.....look at the K frame  :o
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Challenger in NC

Quote from: anlauto on February 01, 2020, 04:54:14 AM
I find the amount of rust odd if it's been off the road since 1970. Sitting in a field somewhere, you wouldn't think they would rust out THAT bad  :thinking:.....look at the K frame  :o

Yeah, not seen many k-frames that are that far gone.

Mr Lee

Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

captcolour

So essentially one would be buying a VIN number.

JS29

Quote from: captcolour on February 01, 2020, 07:15:10 AM
So essentially one would be buying a VIN number.
That is the ONLY part that wasn't removed from the carcass.  ::)

JS29

Quote from: Challenger in NC on February 01, 2020, 05:28:05 AM
Quote from: anlauto on February 01, 2020, 04:54:14 AM

Yeah, not seen many k-frames that are that far gone.
Me ether, and i live in rot country!  :o

RUNCHARGER

The rust doesn't really match the story. It's actually worth the current bid I think, pedals, column etc.
Sheldon

HEMICUDA

I'm not sure the story isn't true, what would you look like sitting in the weather for 50 years in a field and used as a parts car?  :notsure:

Brads70

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on February 01, 2020, 09:52:18 AM
The rust doesn't really match the story. It's actually worth the current bid I think, pedals, column etc.

I wonder if it has that desirable master cylinder casting number all you numbers matching folks look for?  :notsure:

mccannix

I wrecked this one 49 years ago, brand new JH23H1B  340 auto with less than 3000 miles on it.
My dad wouldn't let me drag it out behind the barn, so off to the boneyard it went for $1320.00.
Brand new wrecks didn't get left out like that to rot, unless it was in a wrecking yard.

HEMICUDA

Quote from: Brads70 on February 01, 2020, 10:23:21 AM
Quote from: RUNCHARGER on February 01, 2020, 09:52:18 AM

I wonder if it has that desirable master cylinder casting number all you numbers matching folks look for?  :notsure:

Yep, that's the original 50 year old drum brake master cylinder.

Challenger in NC

Quote from: mccannix on February 01, 2020, 11:04:04 AM
I wrecked this one 49 years ago, brand new JH23H1B  340 auto with less than 3000 miles on it.
My dad wouldn't let me drag it out behind the barn, so off to the boneyard it went for $1320.00.
Brand new wrecks didn't get left out like that to rot, unless it was in a wrecking yard.

Wow, what a shame. Every panel on that car, except for maybe the roof, got taken out.

6Pack70

I want one of the rear quarter panels for my garage wall art.   :bigthumb: