Main Menu

70 sunroof challenger

Started by Challenger in NC, March 31, 2022, 10:21:37 AM

Previous topic Next topic

7E-Bodies

Saw that. I was tempted until I saw the E (LA built, almost no hope of a build sheet to obtain info for getting a remade fender tag). I'm wondering if the mileage is true. If it still had an intact fender tag, I could see maybe chasing that one. A66 sunroof car? That'd be a gem.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

Challenger in NC

Yeah, car has some nice options.

6bblgt

:thinking: not a 18K mile car - not a factory sunroof car  :burnout:

7E-Bodies

That sunroof issue was my million dollar question as well.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

JH27N0B

The OEM sunroofs were installed by an outside contractor, in the Detroit area, so it doesn't make sense any Challenger optioned with sunroof would be built at any plant other than Hamtramck. Ship the car across town for the work not across the country!

anlauto

The ones I've restored never had bondo around the hole like that....would be a very cool car if legit  :'(
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

6bblgt

anlauto

GEEZ, YOU'D THINK THEY'D MENTION THE SUNROOF IN THE AD  :haha: :haha: :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

ragtopdodge

Quote from: Challenger in NC on March 31, 2022, 10:34:19 AM
Yeah, car has some nice options.

W/o a FT or BS, then can't say if they were original options or not.

That sunroof is probably a non-OEM hack job.

ragtopdodge

All sunroof cars had vinyl tops.

Not seeing holes for the vinyl top trim.

::)

70vert

seems really rough shape for only 18k miles. Even sitting outside a long time wouldn't account for the torn seat, missing carpet, etc.
would a 340 4-speed come with a flat hood? seems odd.

318Stroker

Quote from: 70vert on March 31, 2022, 07:27:25 PM
seems really rough shape for only 18k miles. Even sitting outside a long time wouldn't account for the torn seat, missing carpet, etc.
would a 340 4-speed come with a flat hood? seems odd.

Ad says the front end was hit in the early 70's, had a 71 front end put on it, then parked in 75. The 71 front end probably came with the flat hood, although it looks like they did manage to find a 70 grill.

RUNCHARGER

Really nice looking project. I would probably just AMD skin the roof and forget about it if the price was right. Flat hood is correct on an early A-66. I like the 3 pedals, rallye dash and overall condition.
Sheldon

Aloha Randy

Cooper Motors was our Chrysler Dealer in Hayward California. We had about a half dozen Doge and Plymouths bought and serviced there. Still remember Eddie was the Service Manager and helped me learn lots about Mopars back in 71-74. Love to have that Dealer frame on my Challenger!