Main Menu

'71 Hemi Cuda - Barrett Jackson No Reserve

Started by 303 Mopar, September 15, 2017, 07:13:40 AM

Previous topic Next topic

RzeroB

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on September 17, 2017, 11:53:30 AM
Rather than an emblem change I would think the bubble got swapped... Whether on the assembly line or at a later date... Who knows??

:iagree:  There are a couple of others out there with the "426 Hemi" emblems on the bubble like this one (Tim Wellborn's '71 FE5 auto car for example). I've heard that they may have come from the factory like that. Assembly line temporarily out of "hemi'cuda" emblems so they popped a "426 Hemi" Challenger bubble on there to keep the line moving.  :dunno:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

Mopsquad

anlauto

Wow...guess I was way off....the quality of the resto is most likely not top notch...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Roadman

Quote from: Mopsquad on October 23, 2017, 09:31:18 AM
I thought I'd update the thread with a final selling price.

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1971-PLYMOUTH-HEMI-CUDA-210466

Hey @Mopsquad  glad to see you made it over here.    :welcome:  Hows that Cuda doing ??

Cuda Cody

Wish I could have seen it in person.  That seems on the soft side for that car.

benlavigne

There will be another B5 Blue 4-speed 71 Hemicuda at the Scottsdale auction in January!
Said to have the highest VIN known?

Ben

RzeroB

Quote from: benlavigne on October 23, 2017, 01:20:43 PM
There will be another B5 Blue 4-speed 71 Hemicuda at the Scottsdale auction in January!

Ben

Up for sale again already?? That car is like a "hot potato" ... nobody seems to want to hang onto it for very long??  :notsure:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

Cuda Cody

I think it's a different Cuda?   :notsure:

Quote from: RzeroB on October 23, 2017, 03:49:54 PM

Ben

Up for sale again already?? That car is like a "hot potato" ... nobody seems to want to hang onto it for very long??  :notsure:

Roadman

I watch all the auctions, these cars move constantly.  INVESTORS. Only money to them, no love.  :headbang:

RzeroB

Quote from: Cuda Cody on October 23, 2017, 04:28:34 PM
I think it's a different Cuda?   :notsure:

Quote from: RzeroB on October 23, 2017, 03:49:54 PM

Ben

Yeah, it's 429180 ... that car has been to more auctions than Dana Mecum!!
Cheers!
Tom