Main Menu

72 Barracuda - $17k

Started by NWOBHM, June 11, 2018, 08:06:45 AM

Previous topic Next topic

ledphoot

They made a pretty cool video of the car.. For the money it looks like a good starting point. Lots of stuff I would change... If she isn't full of bondo and the floors are solid that'd be a great car to have some fun with.

I do take issue with calling a column shift Barracuda a Cuda though.. She's a Barracuda man, let's not pretend here...

HP_Cuda

I would like to know what the heck are you expecting to improve by putting Dynamat on the trunk lid?

:haha:
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

JS29

nsmall

Seller wants 22k in this craigslist ad.

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/d/1972-plymouth-barracua/6595422724.html

I wouldnt 17k for it, but maybe it looks better in person.

GY3R/T

I love it when they sand all the texture off the interior door panels, then paint them.   ::)

GY3R/T

Quote from: HP_Cuda on June 11, 2018, 11:56:02 AM

I would like to know what the heck are you expecting to improve by putting Dynamat on the trunk lid?

Yeah, This one is a bit different. What if it rains?  :huh:  Foot operated windsheild wipers?

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: HP_Cuda on June 11, 2018, 11:56:02 AM

Squares are a little big for the job, but they will dampen vibration of the panel, which can create noise. Dynamat is not really intended to be a sound barrier, it is intended to dampen panel resonance, but people use it improperly all of the time.

Quote from: ledphoot on June 11, 2018, 09:42:55 AM
I do take issue with calling a column shift Barracuda a Cuda though.. She's a Barracuda man, let's not pretend here...

Uh oh, mine is a new Hemi 6-spd BH car...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

303 Mopar

Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on June 11, 2018, 09:47:55 PM

Bummer, mine is a 392 Hemi 4 spd OD car.....

anlauto

I can't believe I'm going to say this, because it saddens me deeply that our hobby has reached a point where $17K for that car isn't that terrible. It's running, driving, it's all one colour, fair condition interior, appears solid.....what young kid wouldn't love that as is first chick magnet....

....but man o man.....what kid has $17K for a toy these days....our hobby is getting so expensive that it won't be a lack of interest that keeps new comers away, it will be the insane prices our cars are now reaching... :crying:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

I agree Alan. The problem is that the cars are really old now. In our day you could get an untouched car in good shape (they were basically just used cars). Now they are so old that they have had to have been worked on and painted to survive. So the ones that weren't bondoed up and bubble gummed together bring more money than a young fellow can afford.
The other thing is the staggering cost of paint and body these days. When the materials cost in the thousands it really drives up the prices.
Young fellows now have to really love cars to get into the old stuff, I am surprised any young people do.
Sheldon

ledphoot

Quote from: 303 Mopar on June 12, 2018, 09:21:59 AM
Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on June 11, 2018, 09:47:55 PM

Bummer, mine is a 392 Hemi 4 spd OD car.....

Your car and that car aren't even in the same league..

LoL

I like your ride a LOT. Call it whatever you want. That other car.. Still too much Barra in it's Cuda...