Main Menu

Column or console, I can't decide

Started by superdave, April 25, 2019, 07:19:40 AM

Previous topic Next topic

superdave

:o Found this one on e-bay. I'm not nearly as savvy as most of you all at noticing issues with e-bodies but... Much to correct on this one. Wonder what it will sell for? :thinking:https://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-Dodge-Challenger/323782086668?hash=item4b62ea900c:g:72EAAOSwM6VcuJJC

JS29

Wrong year ralley cluster, seats. And were are the seam's on top of the quarter panel to back window lower panel?   :foul:

headejm

Looks like a fun driver-type Challenger. Originally a pretty basic 318 with very few options. The underside looks good but the interior is a hodgepodge of stuff. Buy it and drive it! I'd say $20 to $25k is about right. Not worth putting it back to original IMO.  :alan2cents:

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: JS29 on April 25, 2019, 08:02:03 AM
Wrong year ralley cluster, seats. And were are the seam's on top of the quarter panel to back window lower panel?   :foul:

Verts don't have a visible seam, from the factory it was filled with lead...

JS29

Thank's @1wild R/T I didn't realize that! I learn a lot hanging out here. One thing though, the car in question is a hard top!

318Stroker

Quote from: JS29 on April 25, 2019, 08:02:03 AM

Yep, and the dash piece under the rallye cluster that holds the HVAC switch panel is from a non-rallye dash car. You can see the circular cutout on it. Also, missing outboard hinge covers on the bucket seats.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: JS29 on April 25, 2019, 11:33:12 AM
Thank's @1wild R/T I didn't realize that! I learn a lot hanging out here. One thing though, the car in question is a hard top!

Guess I should pay attention, I just read your comment & assumed it was a vert.....   But now that I did look it has the wrong year hood on it.... 71's didn't have the Dodge letters on the center area...

JS29

Ya I spotted that as well! the list of things on that one is infinite.  :rolleyes:

318Stroker

What are the protrusions on the front upper part of each door panel? Tweeters?