Main Menu

cuda louver opinion

Started by cuda hunter, December 28, 2019, 10:31:36 AM

Previous topic Next topic

dodj

Quote from: Racer57 on December 28, 2019, 08:22:58 PM
My car had louvers on it when I bought it and I despise the looks of them. If it wasn't for the holes for the mounts I would take the thing off and damn near give it away !!  :barf:
:iagree:
The only worse option is the luggage rack IMO.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Brads70

Quote from: IRON MAN on December 28, 2019, 03:16:30 PM
Quote from: Brads70 on December 28, 2019, 12:44:44 PM
I'm thinking it might be an AMC louver, Hornet etc...? I don't think it's e-body at least not an original one?
I've been looking two years for AMC AMX louvers. The closest fit and not a bad fit are the AMC Hornet louvers. Hornet louvers (six blade) are way different in shape tha e-body louvers (five blade). Actually still looking for both my 68 AMX and 73 Challg. Here's a photo of the AMX, Jav, Hornet louvers as once advertised on eBay.

:bradsthumb:  What threw me off what the hinge, I knew that was not stock for an ebody. Yep AMC have an extra louver among other things.

cuda hunter

Quote from: Sparxx on December 28, 2019, 09:28:19 PM
Only one of the hinges is there and they are both different??
They are both there.  One is just flipped up. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

Just reading this now, but I agree...aftermarket Cuda louvers....and I say one of the coolest looking E Body options :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

benlavigne

Quote from: cuda hunter on December 28, 2019, 08:49:13 PM
Quote from: Racer57 on December 28, 2019, 08:22:58 PM
My car had louvers on it when I bought it and I despise the looks of them. If it wasn't for the holes for the mounts I would take the thing off and damn near give it away !!  :barf:
I don't hear that one often. 

Once they are on, your stuck until you repaint the car.

Well since a 'cuda that had louvers also had to have a vinyl top, it would be easier to put that back on to cover the repaired holes....

Ben

JS29

I thought I herd that it was the challenger that was mandatory vinyl top for louvers! @6bblgt would know.    :brainiac:

dodj

Quote from: anlauto on December 29, 2019, 06:57:07 AM
and I say one of the coolest looking E Body options :alan2cents:
Coolest?  :dunno:
Shaker?
Go wing?
elastomeric bumpers?
Pistol Grip?
Rallye wheels?
:pokeeye: :Stirring:

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

anlauto

Quote from: dodj on December 29, 2019, 02:37:41 PM
Quote from: anlauto on December 29, 2019, 06:57:07 AM
and I say one of the coolest looking E Body options :alan2cents:
Coolest?  :dunno:
Shaker?
Go wing?
elastomeric bumpers?
Pistol Grip?
Rallye wheels?
:pokeeye: :Stirring:
I like all of the above  :drooling:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Marty

I really like the look of the back window area of the Barracuda. I wouldn't want to hide it with gaudy Louvers. Drilling into the sheet metal just makes it worse. All other options listed above I'm good with.

RUNCHARGER

I must admit I like them clean as well. Not really a fan of stuff glued on all over a car. One of the reasons I prefer a 70 Cuda to a 71.
Sheldon

6bblgt

a former discussion w/pictures  :takealook:

https://forum.e-bodies.org/cuda-and-challenger-general-discussion-roseville-moparts/2/pictures-of-rear-window-louvers-cuda-vs-challenger/5886/

the '71 Barracuda "louver package" included the vinyl top & was $171.00
the '71 Challenger "louver package" did NOT include a top & was $86.50

a '71 E-body vinyl top was a $82.40 OPTION

'70 was similar

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee