Main Menu

huge project car 440 cuda

Started by dodgemania, March 11, 2018, 10:17:31 AM

Previous topic Next topic

dodgemania

anyone remember this rusty cuda been all over craigslist for a long time
I have a 1970 cuda 440 U CODE all matching numbers needs total restoration and more need all sheet metal frame rails, and floors, needs everything like I said needs complete restoration inter fenders and fenders like I will say it again NEEDS ALL SHEET METAL AND MORE please look at the pictures and what you see is what you get only a little over 620 were made 440 4 barrow automatic on the column rally wood dash 150 miles speedometer has stock radio has fender tag  door sticker vin on crawl by the lower wipers and also has vin number plate on inside dash its the real deal 440 matching number cuda U code but very rusty sold as is ILLIONOS TITLE IN MY NAME its a big project car 500.00 dollar deposite due 24 hour at end of action NON REFUNDABLE must be paid in full with in 7 days of auction end  I have the right to end action at any time the car is being advertise locally if you need more pictures call me or text me 773 344 1008 my names MICHAEL thank for looking big restoration project being SOLD AS IS. car does not leave until paid in and cleared in my account thanks again
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Plymouth-Barracuda-/162939710534?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

xx88man

That'll buff out!!    :rofl:     :rofl:
Keep yer foot in it

anlauto

I wonder if that's original paint and stripe ? Reason I ask is because look how low the stripe is....almost twice as low as it should be :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

kathyscuda

if your not doing most of the work yourself,
  BUY ONE DONE

anlauto

Then how would restoration shops stay in business ?  :o

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

dodgemania

crazy bids and reserve not met yet Current bid: US $14,200.00     :rubeyes:

rhamson

A "restoration" would leave very little of the original car. At what point would you call it a rebody under an original VIN number? $12, 000. Yikes :unbelievable:

RUNCHARGER

Well: I'm not sure those #'s are even solid enough to move to another body. The condition of that car is just a darn shame.
Sheldon

anlauto

It's one of those cars where the only person that would have a decent shot at restoring it, would be the first guy that found it and paid $500 bucks for it....anything over that and it's just plain crazy.....So flip it now and make some money because anything else will result in a huge loss  :alan2cents:

jimynick

WHAT a POS! Who, in their right mind, would pay that much for what's left of it? There's virtually nothing that would not need to be replaced. Wow  :thumbdown:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

E74cuda

I think someone's running the bid up. If you got the car free and did all of the work yourself you would still be buried in it. Stick a fork in it Jim, it's done.

cuda hunter

couple questions about the car.

Why is the rear/ underside of the package tray white?

would the factory have oversprayed green on the rear tail lights inside the trunk.

I find it funny that in every picture you can see a pile of rust below each quarter and doors.  if you touch the car, it pours rust.

I bet it would break when pulled on a trailer.   
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

dodgemania

Crocha617

Wow  I 've seen that car kicking around forever and I finally went in and looked at all of the pictures. That thing is done! Its a $4-5,000 parts car at best and that's being generous hoping the 440 HP engine is any good.

anlauto

The main thing holding it back is the column auto in my opinion and the 440.....Even though "U" codes are rarer then "V" codes, they don't seem to draw the money at all.....

Be a great car to send to the AMD Installation Center  :alan2cents: