Main Menu

NOS AAR Grill...

Started by anlauto, February 12, 2018, 06:52:52 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

I think Len waited a little long to capitalize on his stash of parts.....I don't think he'll get his asking price on this grill anytime soon.....I hope I'm wrong for his sake.... https://www.kijiji.ca/v-other-auto-parts-and-accessories/guelph/1970-baracuda-aar-grille/1332712786  Check out his other ads as well, lots of E Body parts coming out of hiding...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

:yes:  I think those prices are gone for now.  Still a cool part that a lot of people would like to own, but it's going to be hard to get that much.   :alan2cents:

anlauto

Even at Canadian dollars, it's pretty high.
Lenny is our resident Mopar hoarder and has been collecting parts and cars since the beginning of time.....He's been at every local Mopar swap meet for as long as I can remember, usually selling something that most people consider junk, while always saving the best parts for himself....

He must be onto a big purchase and trying to raise money, or just simply getting tired of the whole hobby....
Members @YYZ and @mccannix can attest to it...they've known him longer then me...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

cuda hunter

One sold a few weeks ago for 2K.  Pickup in NY.
I almost bit, someone purchased it out from under me while I bauked...
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

Quote from: cuda hunter on February 12, 2018, 07:20:37 PM
One sold a few weeks ago for 2K.  Pickup in NY.
I almost bit, someone purchased it out from under me while I bauked...

Well there you go, this one is about $1900 USD

cuda hunter

Well I did stall because I thought the price was high.  And can't drive to New York.

What do you think the value is for this black nos aar gran coupe m46 grill?
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

I would buy a reproduction one from BE&A before I would spend anywhere near that kind of money on 47 year old plastic.....but that's just me...

HEMICUDA

Beware of NOS AAR grilles, I have never seen one that was actually injected black plastic and not a grey grille painted black right from Chrysler.  Chrysler ran out of black plastic grilles towards the end of the AAR production and was painting grey grilles black for them.

cuda hunter

Quote from: HEMICUDA on February 12, 2018, 08:35:08 PM
Beware of NOS AAR grilles, I have never seen one that was actually injected black plastic and not a grey grille painted black right from Chrysler.  Chrysler ran out of black plastic grilles towards the end of the AAR production and was painting grey grilles black for them.

Thanks for the warning. 

cuda hunter

Quote from: anlauto on February 12, 2018, 07:40:18 PM
I would buy a reproduction one from BE&A before I would spend anywhere near that kind of money on 47 year old plastic.....but that's just me...

They have black injected ones?

6bblgt

then wouldn't gray grills painted black be "correct" for late production AARs?  :dunno:

Brads70

some  of his other parts are priced ok , like the consoles etc....

anlauto

The burnt orange console is priced decent for a 70, the other broken up ones for $125 is a bit optimistic  :alan2cents:

fc7cuda

Quote from: 6bblgt on February 12, 2018, 11:27:57 PM

then wouldn't gray grills painted black be "correct" for late production AARs?  :dunno:

Ahhh, interesting point.  8)

GY3R/T

There's another Len that sell's alot of NOS Mopar parts located here in the Pacific NW.
          Len Dawson of Deception Pass Motor Parts in Anacortes Wa.   www.dpmotorparts.com
     A good inventory of NOS Mopar Part for sale.  Maybe some don't know about... :alan2cents: